Video Cast Wanna Be!

joyce619

Cathlete
Cathe and SNM,
I am enjoying the pictures and the brief description of each member that is in your lastest videos. Thanks for including that this time. I would just love to be in their place! I am sure it takes alot of hard work and practice, practice, practice.

Its really amazing how each of the cast members have very full lives, with children and fulltime jobs, yet you can tell they continually work hard and make time to acheive their optimum fitness level. They are excellent "representative samples" of us Cathe groupies :-wow and such role models for young girls today! Their families must be so proud of them!

It would be so cool to have a chance to be a part of the video cast!

Dreaming ,

Joyce

First thoughts that come to mind....

Hay their Joyce, this is Rhonda from Cathe's Crew.

First, before I get into comments about your message, I'd like to take a second and thank everyone for all the wonderful comments.
Over the last, almost decade, I've been a part of Cathe's crew and continue to be fascinated with the feedback on-line.
Sometimes while rehearsing and during filming, we girls get the: “What are we Crazy” moments of insane thoughts (I guess due to nerves), but we snap out of if fast, especially when we see Cathe 'cause our friendship goes way back and we want to do the BEST JOB we can for both her and Chris.

As for myself, I first started taking Cathe's classes at Four Seasons back in 1991. Thought the early years we became friendly, then next thing ya know she asks me to join in....wow I thought...Sure...FUN.
Just though of it as time to deepen our friendship, gossip, workout together, then enjoy eating some major yummy food together after filming…on Chris! (Thanks Chris…we look forward to that more than you know-no I take that back, I know you know).
Then that lead to Cathe’s advising me on becoming an instructor at the Club (I was in college at time for Health and PE). LOVE IT!
I can remember teaching senior fitness in 1992 and Cathe coming over to the College to watch, then give me pointers.... I needed desperately.
Seems like a lifetime ago.
She was a member of my bridal party in 1994 and we've been apart of each other’s lives hanging out doing lunch, the shore and family/friend get- together throughout the year. (My favorite is our cookie exchange…. she makes the best biggest Chocolate Chip Cookies in the WORLD…have your milk ready!). That is until my move last summer to South West Ga. SOB!

The time and memories she, Chris, I, and all the folks at 4 season shared together is precious to me...Everyday, between the years of 1991-2001, I went to the health club…sometime just to chat!
It was a part of my life that I cherish and miss so much. (Yes…homesick BIG TIME).

Cedie and Lisa are also good friends I miss terribly.
So ya see Joyce, we "old timers"(by the way I am 35) have grown into young adulthood together with our families, and with some of you on video.
What do you think about that?
Thanks for reading this entire message...If you've gotten this far.
I guess I better hold some insight for next time....
Can y’all tell I'm a bit misty eyed now?

Thanks again for all the kind words 'cause we all appreciate it,
God Bless,
Rhonda Davis in the Deep South

Rhonda,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful times you've had with Cathe and crew.

I'm so happy you came back from Georgia to be in the new videos.
I've been doing Cathe's tapes since MegaStep Blast, so yes, it's been a lot of years, and I do feel like I know everybody, and yes, I do fantasize about being in Cathe's videos, just like everyone else, I'm sure.

I'll think about it even more, now that I know you all eat great food after working so hard on the videos!!! :9

Thanks, Rhonda!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your story with us all! How fun those years must have been and I know it has to be so tough on you moving away. Thanks for all you have done to help make our lives a LOT more brighter & happier! http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/ylflower.gif We appreciate all you, Cathe and the crew do for us.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Thanks, Rhonda!

Hi Rhonda,
It was so much fun hearing from you & reading your story...thanks so much for taking the time. I'm so happy you are on the new videos...like everyone else, can't wait to see them!
Ruth :)

Rhonda....

Thanks for coming back up for this filming...and I say that very sincerely:). You've always been an inspiration to me as one of the background crew. Two of my favorite videos are Interval Max (now, what was under that step?;-)hehe) and Cardio Kicks and your energy is awesome in both of those.

Hopefully you'll be able to travel north for a visit when Cathe and Chris are generous enough to open their doors to us...we all would love to see you again.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

RE: First thoughts that come to mind....

Hi Rhonda,
I thoroughly enjoyed your post. I'm sorry that you are homesick. It must be very tough to make such a big move. Just want you to know that here in Georgia, we are so glad that you are here! I hope you feel at home soon. Can't wait for the new videos! Wishing you all the best.

Lisa Seymour
Gainesville, GA.

It is wonder to hear from you Rhonda. I wanted to welcome you here to the (very hot and steamy) south. I live in Birmingham, Alabama and I love it here. I hope you feel at home very soon.

Kelly

Hi, Rhonda!

Thanks so much for all of the time and effort you've put into being a valued member of Cathe's cast. I know that it may seem strange, but since we've all worked out with you for YEARS, you and all of the long-time cast feel like old friends! I'm so glad that you were able to come back and be a part of this new set of videos! We would have missed you terribly if you couldn't!

I hope you feel more at home soon. It's so hard when you move far away from family and friends! Thank goodness for the phone and email, huh? :)

Hang in there! We can't wait to work out with our good buddies in these new videos!

Erin

Okay Rhonda I guess I will be the nosey one.
Could you share a little about your workouts and what worked for you?

Thanks Rhonda,
Nikki

rhonda

Hey, Thanks for sharing w/all of us. It's amazing to see how you've changed since the older videos. You look super, despite your advanced age (I'm 38, so I'm glad you,Cathe and the rest of the gang are in my 'age group.'). Haha. Just from seeing you guys in the videos, we can all tell that you're very down-to-earth, nice people. Seeing how fit you all are is such an inspiration, too. It shows us that the hard work does pay off. By the way, I thoroughly enjoy those grimaces you make during the strength tapes. Those sit-and-stands seem to be the worst for you, and I especially love the way you start standing the whole way up before Cathe in Leaner Legs. You sneaky little thing you!!!! I hope you keep making the trip up to New Jersey to film future videos with Cathe. Thanks for being nice enough to post here. Suzanne

Welcome to Georgia Rhonda!!!

I hardly ever post anymore, but I couldn't resist welcoming you to my home state. I have lived in south and central Georgia all my 36 years. When Cathe mentioned you moved to Georgia, I assumed you moved to Atlanta. I will completely understand if you don't want to say, but what city/town do you live in? I am just curious since most of my family lives in south Georgia. Like everyone else has stated, I have really enjoyed seeing you in Cathe's videos. I hope you will like living "down here". Welcome again and take care!

Teresa

Another Georgian Says Welcome!!

Rhonda,

Just another big word of welcome to the Peach State!!! I have lived in metro Atlanta for 21 years and have been down into the southern parts of our state lots of times over the years -- it's a sleepier way of life than New Jersey, no doubt about it. No wonder you feel it's such a big adjustment. But I hope you're finding that the people down here are as warm as the summers are :) and that you'll feel more at home really soon.

My husband's from NJ and all of his family's still up there, so we get up there quite often -- it's just a quick little plane flight away for you and airfare to Newark can usually be had pretty darn cheap. So here's my suggestion: If you're feeling really homesick for Four Seasons, then I say the heck with it, just run away from home for the weekend and let Cathe and the rest of the Crew hug on you & feed you for a couple of days!

Rhonda, you are a permanent part of a select group of women who have true admirers all over the world. That's so incredible -- think how you've impacted so many lives as a positive role model! We are ALL so glad to have you as a member of the Cathe Crew (those abs of yours are just an amazing thing!!!) and I'm so glad to welcome you to Georgia. Whatever we Georgians can do to make you feel at home we'll do -- we can't possibly repay you and Cathe and Crew for all that you've done for us.

And we'll just have to get us together a Georgia travel group for the next Cathe road trip, with you as our honorary leader!

Kathy S.

Hi Rhonda,
Thanks for sharing how you became one of Cathe's crew. It sounds like it was a wonderful journey. You are blessed to have such a close and wonderful friendship with Cathe and the group from 4 Seasons.
As you can tell we love seeing you in the videos. I always get a kick out of that swinging ponytail. ~ :) ~

Joyce

RE: Rhonda,

Thanks Rhonda for sharing that with us! I am glad you are in the new videos and I CAN'T WAIT to get them!! You are one of my favorite cast members and I've enjoyed working out "with" you over the years...I'm sorry you had to relocate, but Georgia is nice though isn't it? My dad lived in Savannah for 17 years (I live in Connecticut)...and I always enjoyed visiting.
Barbara P

Another welcome from Georgia!

Rhonda, I just wanted to echo the welcome you've received from the other Georgians on the board. I moved to the Atlanta area from Long Island for college and have been here ever since (I'm your age--35). We're glad to have you in our state! :) I doubt you remember me, but I met you when I came to the Four Seasons for a couple of the VF road trips (spring '99, fall '99 and fall '00). Thanks for everything you've all done for us--in person (the road trips) and on video! :)

Kristin

RE: Another welcome from Georgia!

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

For all y'all in GA, maybe we can meet somewhere and workout, then go grab some southern food (barbecue is addicting) and share southern stories...
I have been keeping a journal...

“Kristin”. I will be coming "UP" to Atlanta for "The Sara City Workout Convention".
I will be taking CEC’s (continuing education classes) to keep up with my group instructor and personal trainer certification requirements.
Specifically, I will be attending Yoga Certification, Kickboxing with/step choreography, and advanced cycling workshops.

Do you have any advice for me?

Does anyone?

I am clueless...just a big Yankee trying to find my way (this is what people are calling me in fun-I think)!

My husband (not a Yankee, originally from Charlottesville, VA) and I will make a full day and ½ trip out of it...(Barry is the Head Baseball Coach / Health and PE Instructor at Georgia Southwestern University, which is why we moved way down here).
We will be traveling up this Thurs. afternoon, staying - somewhere.

EATING - somewhere... Yummy restaurant ideas?

Fri I will be attending workshops from 7a.m. Until 9 p.m.
Barry will then pick me up, after getting Mandi (little Yankee) from the airport.

Again, my appreciation goes to ALL of you for your kind words of wisdom and support!!!

That's all for now.

Thanks again,
Rhonda

Rhonda--Sara's City!!!

Wow, Rhonda--I'll see you there!!! I'm so excited! I'm going to Sara's City, too, and I'm taking the two-day yoga certification and some of the cycling workshops as well! I used to teach aerobics way back when in the late '80's and started up again early this year, so I need my CEC's too. I teach group cycling and sub a bunch of other stuff. The convention, as you know, is at the Renaissance Waverly hotel at Cumberland/The Galleria. I'm not too familiar with the specific restaurants around that area (it's about 45 minutes from my house), but it's basically a very populated suburban area with LOTS of places to eat in the area. I specifically remember a Carrabas Italian restaurant. Basically anything you'd want is around there. Email me if you want ([email protected]). I think you'll enjoy coming to Atlanta! :)

Kristin

Rhonda, I live very close to where you moved !!!

I don't know if you have heard of Forsyth, but that is where I live. I believe we are just over an hour away from each other.You will possibly pass by my exit on your way to Atlanta. We are an hour away from downtown. My parents, brother, best friends, etc. live in Dublin, which is only about 1 1/2 hours away from you. Alot of kids from Dublin go to GA Southwestern after high school. One of my best friends graduated from there. Come to think of it I know some guys that went to GA Southwestern to play baseball(of course this was years ago). I think this is really neat!! I have a celebrity living close by!! So, WELCOME, again, to my "neck of the woods"!!

Teresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.