Vibram FiveFingers-Bikila

NinjaMom

Cathlete
I have been intrigued by these "shoes" so I bought myself a pair as an early Christmas present. I used them this morning for STS Total Body and felt great. I did notice a strange tendon like snapping on the top of my foot which was weird but didn't hurt. I've been walking in the house to get acclimated with them but they have been comfortable from the first wearing. I want to try them tomorrow during the step portion of Intensity then put my Ryka's on to finish the workout as I was told not to do too much too soon. My goal is to eventually run in them but I hope to use them in all my workouts including kickboxing, step, HIIT etc....

These are the ones I got:

large.jpg

Any tips or advice from other FiveFinger fans would be appreciated!

Thanks!:)

Ha! Those are cute! I got a pair for myself for Christmas, but they are wrapped up and I have not tried them out yet. Thanks for the review though....I will give feedback once I have worn them for a while.

Oh excellent! Please keep updating on how you like them, because I've been eyeing them myself.

I had to blow off my long run yesterday because I ran 5 miles on Friday and somehow hurt my arch, I've heard that these help with foot problems. Also, I prefer to do weight work barefoot.

Oh excellent! Please keep updating on how you like them, because I've been eyeing them myself.

I had to blow off my long run yesterday because I ran 5 miles on Friday and somehow hurt my arch, I've heard that these help with foot problems. Also, I prefer to do weight work barefoot.

Yes, please keep updating. I was sized for these and plan to get a pair soon. I've never found a running shoe/sock combo that eliminated my blister problems. I've done a lot of research on barefoot running and would really like to try it out.

I wore my VFF's this morning for Intensity and had planned to switch to my Ryka's after the step part but I felt so good I kept them on for the whole workout. I hope I don't regret that tomorrow:confused:

They were awesome! I felt better connected with the floor and step. Jumping felt more natural and I was able to go higher than with my aerobic shoes. I did feel a bit vulnerable with lateral movement but I think once my ankle stabilizers are strengthened, it won't be an issue. My neck is a little tight which might be the result of less shock absorption with high impact so that may take some adjustment as well.

All in all......I love them so far!

Glad you are liking your Bikila's. I found them to be just a little tight across the top of my foot so returned the pair I had. I have ordered (for DH to give me on Christmas) the Speed, which at this point is only available in Europe. Thankfully, his daughter is coming over from England (if she can EVER get on a flight) so my shoes will travel along with her :)!!

Carrie

They definitely fit snug and were hard to get on the first time! I also tried the KSO's but I liked how the Bikila hugged my high arches.

Do your feet get really sweaty in them? Do you have to clean them everytime inside?

The first time I wore them (doing STS Total Body) my feet did sweat. Today I wore the injinji sock liners which I liked better than going barefoot. The beauty of these shoes is you can throw them in the wash machine however, I would rather wear the socks and wash them;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.