Vegan protein powder

lrusso

Cathlete
Has anyone tried a protein powder that is without whey, dairy, soy, gluten, gmos and is mostly organic? TY! Linda:)

Pea protein

I have tried Pea protein isolate and have been consuming it for about three years now. Although I do also use other such as whey and soy, it's my main source. The brand I am using does not contain additives, extra sugar etc...
I absolutely love it.

I am not vegetarian nor am I vegan. It's just a choice as I am trying to keep a balance in protein source. I do not want to mainly rely on dairy ones.

I have seen the pea one and wondered how it was, I'll look into it, thank you. I am also looking at one called Plant Fusion that got good reviews, I think that had some pea in it as well. It's hard find non whey with a decent amount of protein!

Brown rice

I have seen the pea one and wondered how it was, I'll look into it, thank you. I am also looking at one called Plant Fusion that got good reviews, I think that had some pea in it as well. It's hard find non whey with a decent amount of protein!

Sorry I clicked too quickly and forgot to add brown rice protein as well. it contains less protein percentage though. I also love it too. I never use the egg white powder protein as I would rather consume pasteurized egg white from cartons.

Sorry I clicked too quickly and forgot to add brown rice protein as well. it contains less protein percentage though. I also love it too. I never use the egg white powder protein as I would rather consume pasteurized egg white from cartons.

Ok great I'm off to the health food store now to start reading ingredients and pick one out. Thank you so much for your help!:)

I don't do whey, it makes my skin break out! So I switched to hemp
and it tastes pretty good mixed with almond milk. I like it!
I buy nutivia brand
Christie

Hemp is okay. I have both the regular and the chocolate. I think it takes a little getting used to. I LOVE Sunwarrior vanilla. I buy it online, usually from Vitacost.

Oh I've tried pumpkin protien too,
Thats not too bad but I like hemp plus it has 15 g protien and only 45 cal per serving

Christie

I use mainly whey and egg white proteins.

I tried a pea/hemp protein (all three flavors chocolate, vanilla, strawberry) from greensmoothiegirl.com I thought it tasted disgusting:p I know it's good for you but just not for me. It comes out much thicker than I'm used too. I seem to like my drinks thinner anyways.

Also just tried Olympian Labs Pea protein (chocolate). Almost as bad :(

I'm sticking with whey and egg white for now with either almond or coconut milk.

Thanks everyone! I wound up getting hemp this time because it had the least ingredients, it also had the least protein which I'm not thrilled about but I will try different kinds and see what I like best. ;)

Thanks everyone! I wound up getting hemp this time because it had the least ingredients, it also had the least protein which I'm not thrilled about but I will try different kinds and see what I like best. ;)

Hey Linda, it sounds like you've already purchased your stash, but if you are interested in trying other brands later, I really like SunWarrior (chocolate flavor), and I also really like PlantFusion (vanilla bean flavor). I really like that they are both not only vegan, but soy free, which is important to me.

Hey Linda, it sounds like you've already purchased your stash, but if you are interested in trying other brands later, I really like SunWarrior (chocolate flavor), and I also really like PlantFusion (vanilla bean flavor). I really like that they are both not only vegan, but soy free, which is important to me.

Same with me, I don't eat any soy. I actually went to the store thinking I would get the Plant Fusion, but then went with the hemp. I may try it next, I have also heard good things about Sunwarrior. Thank you for your input!

Trixoo, too bad we aren't neighbors, we could swap Wen flavors and Protein powders and work out DVDs! (I think you are Wen, too?) : )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.