Vegan Cookbook Suggestions Please :)

Travisli

Cathlete
I've been a vegetarian for a while now and I go months at a time eating Vegan and I've gone a month or two here and there raw but that never sticks as much as I think it will.

The reason I usually don't stick with the Vegan diet is because I love eggs (well truthfully, egg whites :rolleyes:) Anyway. . . . today's a new day and I want to recommit to the Vegan way of eating. I bought two vegan cookbooks today because I had none, many vegetarian, many raw, but none Vegan.

I bought The Vegan Table and Vegan with a Vengence and I'm encouraged by the recipies in them both -- please share your favorite Vegan cookbooks so I can add to my collection and have many places to look for ideas!

Thanks!

"Vegan Planet" has a nice selection of recipes.

(Aren't some of your raw recipe books vegan? For raw vegan, I like Jennifer Cornbleet's "Raw Foods for one or two", Ani Phyo's books and Elaine Love's books.)

"Vegan Planet" has a nice selection of recipes.

(Aren't some of your raw recipe books vegan? For raw vegan, I like Jennifer Cornbleet's "Raw Foods for one or two", Ani Phyo's books and Elaine Love's books.)

Yes, I have two raw vegan cookbooks and I didn't even think about that until I read this and went "DUH" --

I saw the Vegan Planet book at Borders but didn't get a chance to look through it. Thanks Kathryn!

I also like Vegan Planet.
Have you checked out Bryant Terry's Vegan Soul Food, Lauren Ulm's Vegan Yum Yum, or The Veganomicon (by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero)? These are my favorite go-to volumes for recipe ideas right now. And everything I've tried from each of these has come out really well! :)

I have the two books you already have, and I really like them both. The Tuscan White Beans from Vegan Table is a regular in our dinner rotation now; with canned beans it cooks up so fast, and is very healthy. Vegan with a Vengeance is the first vegan cookbook I owned, and inspired me to go completely vegan. It's probably my most well-used, stained, beat-up cookbook!

Like Afreet, I really like Veganomicon, it's a must-have. A recent purchase that I also really like is The Urban Vegan by Dynise Balcavage. Finally, another recent purchase of mine is 500 Vegan Recipes by Celine Steen and Joni Marie Newman. My only complaint about this book is that there are no pictures, I love seeing pictures of the recipes! But everything I've made from it has been tasty.

Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself for your egg-white "vegan cheats" -- it's a major lifestyle adjustment and we're all works in progress.

There's this vegan restaurant here in California called Real Food Daily and I have thier cookbook of, I assume, the same name (don't have access to my bookshelves at the moment). I've only cooked one recipe in it because as I'm not vegan, I'm not that motivated to get into that particular cookbook, but I've been to the restaurant itself several times and it is absolutely amazing! So delicious and you don't feel like you're deprived at all because it's vegan. Even their desserts are awesome! Anyway, it's been a while since I've flipped through their cookbook, but I assume the recipes are all from the restaurant and the restaurant really is pretty awesome! I would definitely go there more if I lived in Hollywood.

i have the Clean Food Cookbook. i have enjoyed every recipe from there that i've made.

sweet potato,corn,and kale chowder
sweet & sour stir fry
carrot ginger soup
lentil soup
and many others
some ingredients are strange but it has a glossery

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.