VBAC???

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Goodmorning ladies! How is everyone doing this morning??

I just wanted to say I am so sick of this snow already I live in rockland ny and although it does look beautiful it's so tiresome. Everytime I hear about snow coming I get sick to my stomach because I get so nervous about driving in it. It always seems to come in the middle in the night for my morning commute. I'm so ready for the spring....Anyway thats my gripe for the morning. Sorry for whining:(

Has anyone attempted a vbac? My last delivery was a c section and I REALLY dont want another one. It was really painful for me and I've had a vaginal birth for my first so I definitely can talk from experience. My doctors and I have spoken about it already and they said my chances are pretty good as long as I dont have another big baby. However, when they asked me if I wanted another c section and I said NO WAY the doctor was almost like surprised at my response. I always though natural birth was preferred by doctors. The reason I believe for my last big baby was because I gained 80 pounds for that pregnancy. I was very lazy and sendentary and just always sooo hungry. I ate whatever whenever. So thats why she was sooo big 9lbs 5oz. (I'm only 5'2 and weighed 125 before I got pregnant)She was 10 days late and I had to be induced and still she didnt want to come. With my first child I gained only 25 pounds and when she came (I have 2 girls) she came soo fast I pushed 3 times and she flew out no time for anthing all natural.

Anyway sorry so long!!! Thanks

I've had at least three friends who had successful VBAC's with their second babies after their first were C-Sections and none of them had any problems. I've heard stories of others who have also had success. You do want to find a Doctor who truly supports your decision 100%.

Hi Wonderwoman!
I agree with Cathy, you must have a Dr. who completely supports you in a VBAC and educate yourself on VBACs.

I very much wanted to have a VBAC after my first dd was born via c-section but due to my second being breech, I didn't even get to try. BUT, I had a VERY positive birth experience with my second and I am very greatful for that. I guess what I am trying to say is that when we get our heart set on a specific type of birth we can sometimes set ourselves up for disappointment and either type of birth (vaginal or c-section) can be a positive birth. Good luck!

Hi! I just wanted to chime in and share my experience. I had a successful VBAC with my second child (my first baby was an emergency C-section). If it's something you really want to do I say go for it. You have to be prepared if it doesn't work out for you though. Since I had a VBAC with my son (he weighed 9 lbs. by the way) I wanted to try again with my third. Towards the end of my pregnancy, when they did one of the last ultrasounds, the doctor decided she was too big to have naturally. I was disapointed but accepted my doctor's advice. When my daughter was born she weighed 10 lbs. 7 oz!:eek: I am so glad I had that C-section!:D I'm not sure why but I recovered from my second C-section a lot faster than I did my first. I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to be open to whatever happens. Don't get stuck in a mind-set that says it has to be a certain way otherwise you'll be setting yourself up for a big let-down. :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.