USMC Mud Run - any workout suggestions?

tricia

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

My DH, kids and I are signing up to tackle the USMC Mud Run on April 21st (one month away!), and I am wondering :

1. has anyone done this before?
2. do you have any workout suggestions (DVD's I can use to get ready for all the pulling myself up over things, crawling through the mud under things, running to the next obstacle, rope swinging, etc, etc.!!)
3. If you've done it before, what kind of shoes/boots do you suggest & what about gloves?

I'm going to post this in the other forums, also - just looking for any input (or encouragement!!) you may have.

Thanks,

Wow - thank you so much, gratefuldog (I love your name, BTW!).

I'd read about the shoes, too - the mud just sucks them right off! I'm going to check into some running shoes that I don't love - I may buy a pair of hideous ones on clearance so I don't worry about putting them in the pile. :)

PUB/PLB are some of my absolute favorite weight workouts! I haven't done them in ages, but you know I always got good results from these. I've never done B&G much, but(t!) I can see that it would be really good to get ready for this. I'm also thinking of HIIT with all the explosive jumping.

Thanks for the input and advice - I know it will be a one-of-a-kind experience. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.