Update to my Ebay fiasco

jzsnow

Cathlete
Well, i received my 11 cathe dvd's. I was already skeptical because of what you all said, but I believe they are bootleg. If I hadn't known that they could be bootleg, I wouldn't have known. Its hard to tell really. First of all, the case is VERY flimsy. Second of all, when compared to my original cathe DVD's, the writing on the back of the DVD is totally off. For example, on the KPC dvd the original dvd has numbers written on it. On the KPC dvd I just got, it says Cathe Kick, Punch, and Crunch Legs and Glutes. The dvds came shrink wrapped, but it is very loose, not like my cathe dvds

I did email the seller, so we will see what happens. I told him that comared to my orignal cathe dvd's, I knew they were fake. If he chooses to give me my money back, then great. If not, I suppose I will use the DVD's until I have enough money to buy them new.

Any suggestions?
Jessica

Hi Jessica,

I had been wondering about that bundle of DVD's on eBay that particular seller was selling - over and over again. I had even e-mailed them asking if there was a mistake and they double posted the same bundle (two were going at one time). No answer back. Hmmmm...didn't add up.

If I were you, I would also contact eBay about it. See what they say and see if they can put a stop to it. In my opinion, people like that shouldn't be allowed to sell on eBay at all. x(

Let us know how it works out!!!

Sherri

Just make copies and use the copies until they wear out and then make more copies until they wear out and so on until you can afford to buy the real thing. At least that way hopefully your bootlegs won't wear out before you can afford to buy the real ones. I don't know if that will work but it sounds like it might be worth a shot.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Jessica,

I think I've become a victim too. I bid on a Kick Punch and Crunch DVD and for some reason, the writing on the back that talks about the music credits is written in a different font from the rest of the writing. Can you tell me if that is the way it is on the original DVD since I don't have the original to compare it too? This seller did not have any red flags so I really hope that this is not a bootleg. It just jumped out at me since none of my other real Cathe DVDs have different fonts on the back.

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Hey Tracey. Who did you buy from?

The music listed on the back IS in a different font. The only reason I knew these were bootleg is because of the writing on the back of the DVD. My original Cathe DVD's have a lot of number, right near the opening on the dvd(on the back). These DVD's have the name of the workout. NONE of my cathe DVD's have the name, they all have numbers.

He said he would refund, so I am not sure what to do. I don't want to send them back because he will do this to someone else. BUT, I don't want fraudulant stuff either. Hard choice.

I just noticed that this seller suddenly switch to private on feedback. That's definitely not a good sign.

The seller is prettyinpink8903. Thanks for confirming that the lettering is different on yours too. I was kind of worried. The disc does have numbers and does not have the name of the DVD in the inner rings. I just went over her feedback again and she does more buying than selling on Ebay, no private listings, no multitude of Cathe workouts, etc... I think its genuine but this is the first and last Cathe DVD that I will bid on Ebay. It's just too risky! I know that there are 3 or 4 reputable Cathe resellers on there and I will just "Buy it Now" with them.

His willingness to refund is a sure sign that he is a bootlegger. An honest seller would have disputed that they were bootleg and would probably be offended at the suggestion. Is he going to refund without requiring you to return them? I would at least report him to Ebay for selling bootleg copies. This can't continue. Although, if they do get rid of him, there'll be two more just like him on Ebay tomorrow. This really is hard to control.

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.