TYE BO

diane52059

Cathe
Have you seen or heard about the new viedo called TYE BO? This is kickboxing to music.
Do you know if this would be a good video to order. Also I want to tell you how much I LOVE your viedo's and how they have change my body!
Thank you

Video Fitness

I'm not Cathe, but I would check out the Video Fitness forum. There are reviews for the Tae Bo tapes as well as others (including Cathe's). The address is www.videofitness.com. I think you'll love this site. I check it out everyday.

Video Fitness

I was going to make the exact suggestion that Helen made(thanks Helen). You should read all the first hand reviews on it. That will help you make your decision. Happy Reading(and possibly kicking--haha!)!!!

Tae Bo

This is purely my opinion about Tae Bo. It is a waste of money. One pays $60 for four videos, three of which are practically useless because you outgrow them quickly and/or they are entirely too short to qualify as real workouts. Think of the Cathe videos you can purchase with $60! If you already have all the Cathe videos, then try the Firm.

There is no comparison between Cathe's videos and Tae Bo. Billy Blanks is arrogant, preachy, and he can't cue. Then there's the matter of the goofy outfits he wears. And the Director's Chair he has a cast member bring to him to demonstrate a move and it says "Blanks" on it! Enough!

There are two redeeming qualities about Tae Bo. First, I like the cast members a lot (more than Blanks). Second, the advanced workout does have an awesome leg section if you use ankle weights. But I must qualify that last comment by stressing that Billy moves too quickly at times in the leg section. And he yacks all through it.

My advice: Stick with Cathe and the Firm. They are the best available.

Amy

Kickboxing

I agree with Amy that Tae Bo is pricy for what you get. If you want to try a good kickboxing tape, try "Power Kicks with Aaron Lankford", though it's not really for beginners, if you're fit and have been doing aerobics for a while, you can modify the height and speed of the kicks till you can keep up with Aaron. He also stresses the self defense aspect of the moves ("punch him in the nose, kick him in the chin"kinds of visualization).

Aaron Lank-ford

Hi I also refuse to pay the price for taeboe. It is only a 20 minute workout for the main tape. I have the "Power Kicks" with
Aaron Lankford and LOVE IT!! The girls in the background are a little silly with there oversized boxers shorts, but other then that it is great. One of my favorite workouts is to do one of Cathes tapes, usually Step Heat or Step Fit and then do the Power kicks at the end ( I fast forward about 18 minutes in to get past the warmup and stretch). This gives me about 60 or 70 minutes of cardio depending on the Cathe tape. Diane

Tae Bo

I bought the Tae Bo set---and I am really disappointed. I'd put your money elsewhere---in Cathe tapes or Firm tapes.

kick boxing

Yes, I have heard of these tapes but I have not done them so I can't answer your question. Kick boxing sounds like great fun. I will have to give it a try now that I will have a "little" extra time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.