Two Small Unrelated Successes

hammiehaack

Quickly about me: I am 40 years old, a wife, a mother to one 6 year old daughter, and am employed full-time. I am 5'4" and weigh about 115 lbs. I lost about 20 lbs gradually over the course of a year about two years ago and have kept my weight at a constant for the last year or so. I now wear a size 2 or 4 and couldn't be prouder of it. Since I have been working out with Cathe, I have muscle definition and (on a good day) can see my abs! Of course, I would like more muscle defintion, but am pleased with my progress and never EVER thought in a million years that I would be able to see my abs. I do have an issue with tummy buldge though and can't quite figure out if this is stretched skin from my pregnancy six years ago or a few too many cocktails since the rest of my diet is fairly healthy. Anyway...here are my two small and unrealted success stories.

I was at a business meeting last week and a woman that I see at meetings ocassionally told me that "I looked great" and she added "that I looked very toned and was sure that I have been working out." I told her I have and that her compliment made me feel great!

I use old weights that used to belong to my husband in his bachelor days. They are the kind that the metal plates (weights) screw onto the bars. Well, I just recently realized that the little metal bars holding the weights weight much more than I thought. So instead of lifting what I thought was 8 lbs, 12 lbs, and 30 lbs (barbell) I have been lifting 10 lbs, 14.5 lbs, and a 40 lb barbell. How I realized this is that I decided I needed to up my weights so I decided to weigh each of my current weights on a scale and boy was I happily surpised. I kept weighing them over and over again because I couldn't believe the results. Geeze, I never would have thought that the bar weighed so much.

Enough about me. I want to read every else's success stories that I am sure will beat mine all to heck.

Great success stories!
I think the fact you are keeping the weight is super impressive!
Mine keeps finding me! :confused:
Keep up the work and the success!:)

Loved your successes - fun to relive them with you. Congrats on getting adn staying slim AND for being so strong!! Life is supposed to be this way! Yea!:D

Way to go--isn't it wonderful when someone notices your hard work? And how awesome that you are stronger than you thought!

Maggie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.