Two day split -- crazy?!

bitmover

Cathlete
I have just started my second round of STS and I really like the program, but I do miss my total body workouts. It occurred to me that maybe I could shorten both upper body days slightly and do them on the same day -- one long workout! -- and then I could have a day to do a total body workout. I'm thinking about this for meso 1 and 2 maybe -- not meso 3. Think I'm nuts?! Has anyone tried this?

I think you could combine the upper body workouts, shortening each so that together they would take less than an hour to complete. (I'd cut mostly with the small-muscle-group exercises: bis and tris).

Thanks, Kathryn! I think I'll try it..... I have those kind of arms that just don't want to show definition, so I'm not keen on heavy bicep work anyway -- it just seems to make my arms look bigger all around. I know, some might say I need to lower my body fat, but even with low(er!) body fat, I've never had definition. So..... it's mostly about having fun for me, and I think I'll have more fun with one day a week either kettlebells or total body.

bitmover -

If you do design something, please let us know! I had thought about building an upper body day from the two day upper body splits but haven't really given it much thought lately.

Curious to see what you come up with!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.