turbo jam?

I think they may technically considered intermediate work outs but I love them. I wear my weighted gloves and go to town. I work up a good sweat and get a great work out. Chalene's kickbox is very dancey. Not at all like Cathe. Just so you know. The work outs are also not as long but I love 'em just the same! :)

I've never actually done a rotation with the TJ's so I can't attest to any weight loss or changes due to them though I know of someone who said she saw great results in her core/abs when she was doing them consistently.

I think they are advanced with the weighted gloves but many here probably would not agree....I tend to be the odd man out on that one. *shrugs*

I would consider TJ a solid intermediate. I do two workouts back to back for a longer workout and higher calorie burn. It's good for a day after a high intensity workout if you like to vary your cardio.

If you are looking for a true advanced kickboxing workout I would go with Cathe or Amy Bento.

Yeah I'd say intermediate.. but I have them and love them. probably the only intermediate w/o's I own but I still like to do them on a bit of lighter days. You can really push it to get a pretty good workout and I think the gloves would bring it up a notch too. Try fat blaster! Its only 30 min but its a great one to add on to things or on days your short on time. It has 4 turbos. fun!
I hear there is a harder turbo jam coming out next year called Turbo Fire. I'm really hoping so cause I'd snatch it up.
If you really want an advanced one get kick punch and crunch or amy bentos newest one.

I agree with everyone, these are a intermediate workout, but so much fun I try to do one at least once a week! I love Fat Blaster too:) I always use the gloves and I think you get a pretty good workout with them. Although Cathe is alot tougher these are great for a little change. I do hope they do a tougher Turbo Jam, because I'd love it!

I love Turbo Jam for the fun factor and the no dread factor. With weighted gloves or without I think it's a great workout and you could push it up to high intermediate. I think many times what makes a workout intermediate or advanced is how much you put into it anyway. I always feel perfectly worked out after Turbo Jam and I've had a lot of fun as well. They are completely different from Cathe's workouts on all levels and sometimes people who love Cathe or any one particular instructor aren't ready for that or can't help but compare everything to their favorite instructor (I used to be in that camp). I now have a variety of workouts and I definitely go through my Turbo Jam phases and I enjoy and use them a lot!!!

OK so which are your favorites? I look at them on amazon and BB and get so confused. A friend lent me the 5 workout one, I think, with Learn and Burn etc. I really enjoyed it but unfortunately she wanted it back pretty fast. So what are your recommendations?

I tend to like the more athletic ones - so I like Punch, Kick and Jam and Kickin' Core the best. I do like the dancey - but those 2 are considered a bit less shakin' and more athletic moves, if that makes sense.

I also the the 20 min workouts for a quick cardio fix and for a warmup before weight work.

I love the high energy music and it does make you want to shake your booty. I usually do them with the weighted gloves as others have mentioned. They are fun intermediate workouts.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.