Turbo Fire...what weight training

rose2boys

Cathlete
program are you using with these workouts? Just curious what others are doing. I was going to do TF w/STS, but haven't started STS portion yet. Looking for ideas/options.

Really enjoying TF so far, very different from usual cardio & sooo fun once I got the moves down (kinda!). Loving the "new to class" option since I was unfamiliar with Chalene's workout style/jargon/cuing, etc...so used to Cathe.

This is my first week of TF, I'm really liking it so far, I love the third combo in Fire 30. I have been going to this new personal training place for 3 weeks now, I go 3x/week, but it's only a 30 minute full body session. I'm honestly not sold on the workout yet, it's all nautilus style machines and cable machines, and I am a big fan of free weights, but thought a change might be good. If I don't renew for another month of this training, I'm not sure what I will do, I don't want to go as intense as STS with Turbo Fire. I might just do a variety of my circuit style dvds.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go as intense & time consuming as STS w/TF. I like to either have a cardio or a weight heavy rotation, if you know what I mean. So, I consider TF to be cardio intensive. Trng to figure out what weights to do w/it.

I am very much into free weights/barbell, not so big on the machines, personally. Plus, I don't care for the gym, prefer to workout at home. But, somtimes change is good...

Personally I couldn't do a heavy weight program (STS, P90X) along with Turbo Fire. I would be exhausted. I am doing the strength programs that come with the TF package first. I saw on the BB forum, someone was suggesting doing just the first half of the p90x workouts as your weight training.

In the CLX/TF hybrid plan that comes with TF it looks like she alternates several weeks of CLX+Fire/CLX Cardio workouts (no HIIT) with several weeks of HIIT/Cardio workouts and the TF strength workouts.

For the first 2 weeks of TF, I added in 4DS Weights. This week I'm adding in just the weight work from Cathe's CTX!

Hi,

I ordered the Turbo Fire basic set and will probably order the Advanced dvds as well. The first week I used 4DS weight premixes for working the back, bi's, chest and Tri's. The second week I used the GS Timesaver sections from each of the GS workout, I used the shortest one. I'm on week three or four now of TF and I decided to just start a new round of STS so I'm starting with Meso 1 and going through all of it, at least that's my goal. STS the first time around earned me great results and I think that STS coupled with Turbo Fire will be amazing, so I'm doing that. I'm following the Turbo Fire class schedule and using the STS every other day 3 days a week. Its a tough schedule but nothing worth achieving is supposed to be easy, so I'm taking up the challenge for me.

I hope that helps!

Hugs!

Nora

I'm also going to do a TF / STS rotation. My base rotation will be:

STS Upper Body / TF HiiT
TF Cardio (45-60) min
STS Upper Body / TF HiiT
TF Cardio (45-60min)
STS Legs
TF Cardio & TF HiiT (a longer HiiT like the 25-30 min)

I am thinking about doing an undulating rotation with Meso 1 and 2. Not sure I will add Meso 3 right now, but I like the idea of alternating the STS Meso's each week.

I must be totally out of the loop, but can someone please clue me in as to what the heck this Turbo Fire program is? I've never seen any of Chalene's work, but everyone here and at VF seem to be raving about her! I could google it, but I'd rather her opinions from fellow fitness fanatics :)

TIA!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.