Tues Check-In

melanalyus

Cathlete
Good morning ladies. I'm off to work early---today (day after Labor Day) has historically been the busiest day of the year for pharmacies for some reason. So......if you can avoid it, wait until tomorrow to pick up your prescriptions. ;)

Job is going well. August was soooooooo much better for us than July. I even found my wedding ring---which was lost for 3 months---took off when my fingers starting to swell up.

It sounds like everyone is doing well over her. Who's next for delivery? Stephanie?

Anywho, just wanted to say hello. You're all a great group of ladies!

Good morning Melanie! Yay on the found wedding ring :) That must have been a relief.
Good luck at work today, sounds like you will be busy

Im settling in to my desk now, i hope everyone has a great day!

Hi ladies!
Melanie--Good to "see" you! I'm so glad that August was a better month! Glad the job is going well. And very happy about your find!! I've been thinking about you!

Jen2--Hope you have a good day!
---------
Well, I'm about to take Henry to preschool. Hopefully I can get some stuff done around here while the kids are at school/preschool today. Our house always looks like a cyclone hit it after a weekend, and after a long weekend, WOW. I've got my work cut out for me. Hope everyone has a good day!!!

PS I saw a story on the Today show today about how everyone should get their dryer hoses professionally cleaned out once a year to prevent lint fires. I'm now totally paranoid. Washer/dryer is right next to the kids' rooms! Does any one else around here get theirs cleaned out professionally?? :confused:

Good Morning!

My sister had her baby Thurs!! That's why I haven't been around. She lives about 45min away and I have been helping with her other kids. I am so tired!!

Melanie, good to see you!

Stephanie, my house is always a disaster after the weekend too! I definitely need to start laundry today.

I need to get Wilson ready for school. Today is picture day. I will check back later.

I hope everyone has a good day:)

Candra

Morning-
Hi Melanie!!!! I believe you about the pharmacy. I've been trying to call in a stack of refill authorizations for an hour now at the office:( Oh well. I am so glad you found your ring!
Stephanie-I don't have ours professionally cleaned, but I do have this thing that looks like a brush on the end of a long wire to clean the lint that the lint filter doesn't get. I think I got it at Walmart years ago.
I did BM2 on Sat, IMAX2 on Sunday and LIC on Monday. Maybe KPC today.
Not much happening here, I guess that is good news! Oh, and my sister is pregnant, due in April!
Hi Kate, Maggie, Trish(hope things are getting back to normal),Candra, cavillo, Jen and Jen M and anyone else I forgot!

Hey ladies.
Today I feel awful. I had a headache all night and generally feel sick. Maybe the hormones are kicking in. ugh.
I'll look into the dryer vent cleaning thing. Do the lint filters not work very well? I try to keep that cleaned out regularly but never heard of cleaning the tubing.

Hope you all have a great day :)

Melanie, Glad to hear things are looking up for you.

JenM - Hope your work day is uneventful.

Stephanie, Best wishes for a productive day! I don't get my hoses cleaned - I just make sure to clean the trap right inside the dryer with each load.

Candra, Any battles over picture outfit?! Congrats, Auntie! Mom and baby doing well?? That's great you can help her!

Mikkia, Great WO's! You must be feeling great! Congrats to your sis!

Calvillo, Hope you get feeling better as the day progresses. Try some simple carbs - always did the trick for me!

-----------
Got Gina on thebus for 1st grade this AM. She bawled all morning (and last night too). She's been so excited but I think the reality of it all set in. I felt so bad for her. I can't wait for her to come home.

I've decided my stepping days are over for this pg. My ligaments kill me and I have to modify so much that I end up doing the same move over and over and it's not much fun anyway. Bummer.

I did LIC UB/cardio premix last night. Not sure about today's WO....

Susan, dear, where o where have you been?!
Lisa, How are those Hawaiian hills?
Trish, hope you're not having any more ctx!
Maggie, were your girls able to be at teh delivery?
JenP, Hope school is going good today after the long weekend!

Got a short nap (30 min. or so) and a 4-mile LS workout.
For you pg gals due in Oct - what are your primary WO's right now? I'm thinking from here on out it's going to be walking and UB weights. Wishing I could step and do LB weights but I'm afraid my ligaments aren't very happy with me when I do them.:( Somebody encourage me that I'm not a wuss!:eek:

Isabel should be up soon then its playtime!

Candra--Congrats on the new aunt status!!! Glad you're back!

Mikkia--I'll have to definitely buy one of those dryer brushes. I'm such a worrywart! I clean out the little lint trap, but they said on the news this morning, that's apparently not enough.

Cavillo--Hope you get to feeling better soon. Ahh the first trimester. Blech! Pretzels and ginger ale did the trick for me.

Kate--I also took a short nap this morning after I took Henry to preschool. I'm just about to pick him up. I didn't get nearly enough accomplished today! As for the workouts. I have stopped. I've gotten SO huge, and I'm worried that too much strain might weaken my uterine incision. Worrywart, remember? I need to walk more. I think four miles of walking and upper body work is a WONDERFUL accomplishment!! Keep up the good work! I'm going to try better!
------
Baby has been quiet today --not a lot of movement, which has me a little concerned. So I've been eating Hershey miniatures. :( Tomorrow I go to the doc, but it's not my doc (she's out of town). I hate being "checked" by a stranger. Oh well. Wonder if I"ve started dilating? I'm usually an early dilater. Anyway... Off to get Henry!!

Stephanie, As far as baby moving my midwife says as you are in your last month or so baby moves less becasue there is less room and he kind of gives up. No worries!;) I'm an early dilater too! I walk around at a 3-4 for several weeks. Good news to me - less work to do when the real thing begins!:D

Gina's home and LOVED 1st grade!!! Victory!!!!!!!!!!!
Time for pizza and frosted brownies!

I think that it is a good time to quit step Kate. I was always afraid of missing the step because I couldn't see it:eek: over my giant belly. i think walking and UB is a great workout at any stage , much less this one! I did IMAX1 today and I was thinking how clumsy I was. Tomorrow is a rest day. I am glad Isabel liked 1st grade!
Stephanie-i will remember the hersey's minitures when I worry about fetal movement! I don't think you are a worriwort about the incision scar. It scares me to death thinking about it. Hope all is well at your ob appt tomorrow.
I am tired today, and ready for bed. I think that 4:40 may be too early!
cavillo-sorr you are feeling so bad. I hated the first trimester. I echo kate and stephaine's suggestion of simple carbs. Its about all you can do!

Okay, on a political note, not to stir controversy, but what do you think of Gov. Palin as a VP running mate? I think she is insane to even consider that thankless job, but with a 6 month old special needs baby and 4 other kids and a teen daughter thats pregnant? How can you do all of that? I can't even get 2 kids dressed in the morning. I guess I just wanted to see what other mothers thought. My dh did say that if she was male no one would be worried about the load. I was shocked by such an evolved thought by a male, especially my dh, but I digress...

Mikkia, Thanks for the WO encouragement. I know in the long run I'm not going to be hurt by a few weeks of not lifting for LB or stepping but it just feels so wierd to leave it out, ya know? As far as Palin...... I know almost nothing about her at this point. You actually told me more than I knew before! A preg teen daughter?!?! Yikes! I would think the Repub's wouldn't even want to THINK about nominating someone with that "baggage" (for lack of a better term). Your DH actually makes a good point......

Working on payroll stuff............. hope everyone has a good night!

Hi,
Well, today the a.c. was broken AGAIN in my classroom:mad:. I was awfully hot, but I do get really hot with this pregnancy, so I didn't think anything of it. Around 11, a custodian came in to my room and asked if my a.c. was not working. I said I honestly didn't know b/c I get so hot anyway:eek:. Well, it wasn't working, and the thermostat said 80:eek:. No wonder I was so, so hot today! It was working as I was leaving at the end of the day:(.

Kate-My RL pain is bad too. You are not a wuss for giving up step-it's the safe thing to do. I walk when I can, but tonight just a little walk was SO painful due to pressure, baby moving, RL pain:(. I need to do more upper body, and I think that is a great workout (plus walking). I am even sending my LS walk/kick back to netflix b/c I just can't do kicking anymore either. I will get back in shape, I will get back in shape...
I am glad that Gina liked 1st grade:D.

Stephanie-Our house always looks like a bomb hit it! I use one of those long brushes for my dryer too. My mom got it from a guy who sells Fuller Brush. I am so big and so stretched that I can't believe I have over a month left!

Candra-Congrats on becoming an aunt. It's nice to hear from you.

Melanie-It's nice to hear from you too. Good to hear that August was a better month for you!

Calvillo-I totally agree with eating whatever you can. Carbs work wonders!

Mikkia-Congrats on your sister being pregnant. A co-worker is due in April too.

I am off to do some school work, then to bed.

-Jen
p.s. My DH still has bathroom episodes (a.k.a. runs) a few times a day. My pregnant friend, who had this, said it took her a few weeks to finally get rid of it! I woke up today with horrible cramps and had to run to the bathroom several times. I took an Immodium, and I have been o.k. ever since. I just thought you should get an update on our poop situation;).

Kate, no fighting over picture outfit b/c they wear uniforms:) As far as working out I do the elliptical 3x a week and full body 3x but I don't use any weight for lunges and very little for squats and deadlifts. I haven't ran or done step since the second trimester and I really miss it:( I'm glad Gina had a good first day!! Brownies sound really good.

Mikkia, how far apart are you and your sisters pg's? Me and my sister were 5 weeks but she just delivered at 38 weeks. Last pg's we were 10 weeks apart, we can't seem to get pg without each other:D

Stephanie, I usually dialate early too. I walked around at 3 for a month with Owen. I can't wait to hear how your appt. went. I hate having different doctors check me also.

Hope everyone is having a good night!!

Candra

Hi ladies!

Kate-- Thanks for the encouraging words about the baby/movement. Hopefully he'll perk up a little bit. I miss feeling him regularly, but I know you're right about the bigger he gets, the less he'll move.

Jen1--Sorry about the poop situation and the NO AIR!!! Yikes!

Mikkia--I agree about the Palin thing. I'm really into politics and won't get into a partisan discussion here because I'm really passionate about my party (Democrat), and I know that everyone has differing opinions as far as that's concerned. But as a mother, I am shocked that she took this on knowing that her poor daughter's name would be dragged into the spotlight. Who wants to be the VP's "pregnant teen daughter." How mortifying for her. I also cannot fathom trying to care for an infant baby and four other kids while working a job with essentially limitless hours. She must have an incredible husband and support system. (I'll stop here :confused:)
-------------
Well, I did it again. I stayed up late watching the convention coverage and still have lots to do before bedtime. UGH!!! I've got to go to the doc in the morning, so I'll check in after that!! Nighty night! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.