TTOM Help

merrybaker

Cathlete
Ok I'm sooooo bummed . I've been doing so good and now Iv'e been having trouble I start On the 18th!!! And I'm having such a hard time this time ... Been tasting ,Doritoes, my sons peanut butter cup . and his M&Ms.Help I dont want to do it today !!!!! I could just kick myself !!! Today I will stay Clean !!!! I hope... I'm feeling weak ! Why does this happen ???? .So Off to get a good breakfast ,And theres no junk in my house at the moment LOL ,I will look the other way when my kids walk in with thier treats ...I gotta remember its not mine LOL }( }(

Mary, your munching seriously comes from a chemical imbalance during TTOM--or maybe imbalance is the wrong word, but your hormones etc. do change. Specifically a drop in seratonin, which is found in chocolate--that's right ladies, there is a scientific reason to eat chocolate during TTOM!

So I think it's OK for you to splurge a little during the first day or two. It might make you feel a little better anyway.

I'm the same way. A couple of days before I start, I literally go through the kitchen cabinets and the refrigerator looking for things to eat. It is horrible. And if I don't have any chocolate in the house, I will think about it constantly. I'm not a big soda drinker, but during those days I have to a Big Red. I guess I need the caffeine.

Too funny! This has been me too! I am also supposed to start on the 18th and maybe this will make you feel better...I have been eating crap for almost a week. It started with doughnuts on Saturday morning, which led me to my Lay's Salt and Vinegar chips, which later that night led to beer. Then came pizza, with breadsticks and those yummy Pizza Hut cinnamon sticks with the icing dipping stuff. Yum!
And then I went to a Mexian restuarant and ordered this huge fajita nacho thing smothered with cheese. And to top it all off in the middle of the afternoon yesterday I left work and headed to another mexican restaurant and picked up chips and queso. My coworker (also a catheite) looked at me in horror as I consumed this huge vate of fat laddened cheese and chips.

It is ridiculous! You are not alone! We will have more contral once AF gets here. It will all be okay and we can eat clean for the next three weeks! :)

I've tried this a few times- there is a vitamin supplement called Sugar Control by Nature's Plus. It has Chromium, Citramax and a few other amino acids. I have not researched the safety fully, but I bought it at Whole Foods Market and they are pretty stringent with what comes in. Anyway, it DID work on my cravings. I haven't used it on a regular basis, but during PMS, when I know I will blow it, I have used it and it has worked for me. I find that it combats my feeling of low blood sugar, low energy which is what makes me crave sweets.

I am SO like you, not at ttom, but just BEFORE... it drives me nuts! It helps (a little) that the junk I keep in the house is not what I would eat. The thing is, when I can't get what I crave, it really makes me touchy and crabby. Sigh. Not good. So I'm with LauraMax. Feed your craving just a little. It won't make you fat. It's not like you're eating junk every meal, every day. There's a lot of fat phobia on these boards and really, if ONE lousy diet SIN can make me fat, I'd be obese by now, with all the occasional sinning I do.;-) If my body fat goes up by one measly percentage point, it's going to be burned away the week after. This is normal and it passes. Another thing that helps me (a little) is going through my workout logs to remind myself of all the hard work I've done that I don't want to sabotage. I do still find myself feeding my craving after that, but not too much. One serving. That usually does it.}(

Pinky

Awww Thank you all . Its true it is just tasting or testing LOL . .I too look at my journals ,I will do that now . Its almost over LOl ... Its just so strange how the rest of the month its easy to eat clean ,a way of life really !!! but all goes to $hit a few days before .Yikes !!!.. I hate Hormones}( }(

Taste testing can also be due to a low amount of iron and selenium. If you keep a food diary go back threw and see how much iron and other minerals your getting before TTOM, if you find something that's low make sure you boost it up a little bit more before the next one and see if that helps the cravings. But it can also be due to hormones, but if you at least make sure your getting all your minerals, sometimes that can help slow down hormone production and swing it into your favor.

HTH,

Kit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.