TTC Check in June 10th

amhess

Cathlete
Hi all,
Well I just lost a HUGE post , so here goes again. I've been busy all weekend trying to get work done at the first job, so I can enjoy the week a bit more. Working the second job here at home to on the PC, so really busy.

Got my hCG level at 24 DPO 1,240 so still increasing. I think I'll get one more test this week to be sure, before DH goes to Canada for his fishing trip. Then I'll have my first OB appt on 6/27! I guess I may not have an u/s that day and they'll schedule it for a few days later. I guess I don't get that at all. I'll be 8-9 weeks, so why wait? Hmmm...

Had to buy some Liquid fence to keep the bunnies away from my newly planted flowers and grass! x( Hoping it works. Neighbors were having some fun and tied a stuffed bunny to our tree as a bunny Scarecrow. I woke up one morning and there it was. They like to have fun with us and we play tricks on them too as Iowa Hawkeyes and Wisconsin Badgers are college football rivals (I'm originally from WI).

Lisa - Is DH back from Maui! I bet you missed him like crazy!

Melanie - Sorry about AF :( Have you made any more decisions about where you'll live or what job you'll take. I think you had tons of offers last and weren't sure what to do!

Morris - Sorry DH travels so much, that's got to be hard. Bet you miss him a lot. What does he do?

Hi Autumn, how are you these days?

Gotta run and hope this post takes!

FYI - If I'm away for long periods of time, it's b/c SUMMER is here and I have to take advantage of the nice weather as I get the WINTER blues over those months
Anne

Anne - Thank you so much for starting the new post! I'm so happy to hear that your numbers are up! Some dr's won't do an ultrasound until about 10 weeks just in case the dates are off. Some won't even do one until past the first trimester which I never experienced, but heard of some women having to deal with. Sounds like everything is going well and by the time you do get your u/s, you'll be able to see the heartbeat! Exciting! DH is back from Maui so it is nice to have him around again. Good thing he was gone during AF and not o time!

Hello to the rest of you ladies! I gotta run out of the house in a bit to a birthday party for one of the cousins. I've been running a lot lately and even going with my ds. It's a lot of fun having his company although I do have to run/walk with him. My friend gave me these cool socks made just for running and they are like the best socks I ever wore!! Anyway, I'm sure my clean eating will go out the window tonight. Hopefully I'll start new tomorrow. I'll check back later with more personals!

Lisa

I'm not sad about AF, a little relieved. I really think it'd be best to relocate before trying for #4, I was a little surprised when DH was not being careful (if you know what I mean). Who am I to tell the man no? I mean, I believe I want #4 more than he does. :D Okay, okay, enough of that.

DH came home from our trip. We put a super low offer in on a house in Hibbing (about 35% less than they were asking--probably won't happen). So, we're 90% sure it's going to be International Falls (55 miles from our land).

Here's my timeline:
**Friday, 15th Take official offer from International Falls for job
**Sat, 16th give my 2 week notice to current employer
**Sun, 17th put ad in paper to sell house (try on own for 2 weeks)
**Sat, 24th go to area to look for cheap house to buy or rental propertyl
**Mon, July 2nd, close on property

I"m going to aim for August 15th start date at new job. I will work 35-40hrs/week as relief worker until the leave. My current boss is going on vacation 2nd weekend in July--I will work his hours for him while he is gone...then I"m outta there for good! Things are getting too weird there!!

Okay, there's my not so TCC post. ;) Thanks for all your support!!

Anne, way to go! Your wee-one is right on target!
Lisa, looks like we're on around the same cycle?
Morris, has AF visited you yet since beginning weaning phase?
Autumn, has life slowed down for you?

Hi all you TCC mommies! Come join us!!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

hi everyone. just a quick note this monday am and i will write more later.

anne, so glad things are progressing. it will seem like ages until that 1st us, but i hope you can keep spirits high and excitment too.

lisa, good job with the running. how was the party?

melanie, of course now that you aren't trying it will probably happen;-) but all in due time, right? i am impressed with your timeline. i cannot seem to keep track of what month it is even!

hi autumn, how is your ttc journey going?

dh is still stuck in hawaii, but hope this week brings him home. i felt very sorry for myself yesterday and quite hormonal. it passed though, so today is a new and better day. ds is so funny - we played chase last night. i'd chase him and he'd crawl away until i grabbed and tickled. what belly laughs!clean eating is probably 75%, which i think is good considering i have been thinking of drowning my sorrow in tubs of icecream or cookies. i didn't though!

no af yet, but hopefully in another week or so. i still am nursing 3 times a day:) down to 2 at the end of the week though. my baby is growing up!

ttyl everyone

Morris,
I'm so proud of you and your clean eating. I have not been clean at all, but my weight is the same, just my belly bounces more. Urgh! Jadon nurses 2-3 times daily still. He's really attatched, but gettin bigger!!!

Hey guys!

I've been back to the grind with working in the office and the kids back in summer school and summer fun. I need to get back to clean eating. I've been eating junk here and there. I did some yoga yesterday to try and do something relaxing. No workout today. I'm really beat and tired.

Melanie - Sounds like you have a plan going. Good luck with the offers and selling your home! And yes, looks like we're on the same cycle. AF just left for me.

Morris - Running was really good. Wow, when is DH heading back home?

Hello Anne, Autumn!

I better get going. Have to put the kids to bed and I gotta hit the sack as well.

Lisa

I jumped the ball a little and told my boss last night. He was really sad about it, but what can he do? I told him the 30th would be my last day & I'd work the 2nd weekend in July so he could go to CA (he already bought tickets). He said he'd give me anything I want to stay (I said it wasn't $) then he did all but beg me to stay longer. Maybe my coworkers will be nicer when they find out I'm leaving?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

wow, melanie, it is flattering, though, isn't it? glad you are still able to say no. change isn't easy, but you definately sound ready for some.

still no word on when dh will be home, but i really hope it is before next tuesday. ds first b day on thurs, and i need to do some shopping!

Lisa - I've totally been eating crappy too. x( I've had few burgers and shakes here and there and really need to stop that and stick to what's in my fridge!

Melanie - Congrats! Neat that the boss begged you to stay, that's always nice. You must feel really relieved too, to be starting something new and not have to deal with all the drama at the other job! Good luck!

Hi Morris, Autumn!

Nothing much new here. DH leaves for Canada for a fishing trip for 10 days starting Friday. not sure what I'll do with myself. Probably try to get the ugly border down in what I hope to be the baby room and then he can go ahead and sand and paint! The people we bought the house from just loved wall paper and border. I guess I just like the simple paint. We already took a HUGE wall of wallpaper down and what a job that was! So, I'll try to keep busy until he comes home! OH, just got 'Hanibal Rising' for my movie. Like I can watch that by myself, NOT!

Anne

Melanie - That shows what a great worker you are that your boss begged for you to stay. Too bad you had the coworkers that you did.

Morris - Hope DH does make it home for Finn's bday! Any fun plans?

Anne - I had way too much junk today also. I got bday cake from work and home and now I'm feeling really blah. For sure tomorrow I'll start eating better! When is your u/s?

Well, looks like DH and I might be putting off TTC until the later part of this year. To make a long story short, DH wants to finish off his Master's Program before having the baby. He feels he missed out on ds as a baby and doesn't want to do that again. I'll keep you guys updated.

Lisa

Just a quick check-in.

My boss gave me a great review with my new boss. The new guy asked my boss if I had any weaknesses and he said, "Just one, she's leaving". That makes me feel all warm and tingly. :)

I was able to negotiate another annual bonus based on pharmacy sales, so this job is going to give me about a 35-40% increase over my current salary ($ isn't the driving force, but it helps).

I did my 1st relief work yesterday. It went fine. I could tell the techs were gossipy though, and I have a real hard spot for this. I'm already determined that it won't be tolerated at my new job, and as the pharmacy supervisor I will seriously consider terminating for this!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Lisa, where in CA did DH go? Is he fishing?

Thanks everyone for your continued support during this trial in my life, it sure has made it easier!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

lisa, that is a lot to think about and decide. how do you feel about waiting? what is dh getting a masters degree in?

dh is still in hawaii. looks like next monday or tuesday he is coming back? i just wanted to do so much i cannot get done without help, but, that is not to be. i am very very hormonal today and all over the board. probably that feeding that i dropped for frozen breastmilk. i just feel as though i am going to burst into tears. sorry to whine and complain, but this is my long workday, and it isn't starting so well. hopefully things will just get better and i will even out.

how are you feeling, anne?

melanie, i hope you are counting down the days.

take care everyone

Morris - You're not the only one feeling all over the place. I initially didn't want to wait because I feel like I'm getting older and I also feel like what does waiting mean? I mean, if it takes him 18 mos to get through grad school there's no guarantee that if we start trying a year before he graduates that I'll get pg right away. It's been a rollercoaster of thoughts and emotions for me. The other reason I was feeling a little upset is because DH keeps changing his mind about grad school. He was set to get a Public Admin. degree and now he's changing his mind about that and not sure what direction he'll take. Another issue is cost and I just feel like I don't know what to feel or think. Hope your day takes a turn and things get better as the day progresses!

Melanie - Way to go!

Lisa

Oh Lisa! That's so tough! I'm holding off until August (just a couple of months). I feel like my eggs are getting old though! If DH is ambivalent, perhaps you can just continue to try...since it normally takes a little while to conceive anyway? Just a thought. I got my doctorate with a babe--and it wasn't that tough. Life's always going to be challenging, right? Hang in there, I'll pray that you guys will have the wisdom you need. ;)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Melanie - Looks like we're in the same waiting boat. DH and I discussed it and agreed that he's going to take the most accelerated program so we don't have to wait too long. It's really important for him to be there for the last couple mos of my pg and the baby's first year. So with that said, we're "not preventing" for about 3 mos and then we'll probably start trying after that because I feel like my eggs are getting old also! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Wow, a doctorate with a baby - you're superwoman!

Morris, Anne, Autumn - Hope things are going well for you guys!

Lisa

Lisa,
I wish I could give you a tight squeeze! <<hugs>> <<hugs>>

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.