trying to lean out

Becki

Hi Cathe,
I need your help I have been doing your workouts for years now. I am 4'11'' tall and weigh 119lbs. I was a gymnast and cheerleader. I have bigger very muscular thighs. I really want to lean them out. I run 3 times a week about 5 to 6 miles. on the other 3 days I do your tapes KPC or terminator something like that. I am using 25lbs on the barbell and don't use more then 15lbs for dumbells. I just don't know what else to do. On top of working out 6 days a week I walk my dogs for an hour almost every night. can you please help me!!!:(

Hi Becki,

I'm not Cathe, but I do have a couple of suggestions for you. If you don't have any knee issues, you might try incorporating plyometrics into your lower body workouts, i.e. box jumps (jump up onto a platform landing on both feet), plyo lunges, plyo squats, burpees, etc. Don't use any weights for these. Jumping rope is another great exercise for leaning out the lower body, and you get your cardio in at the same time. Finally, be very diligent about your diet. You described your thighs as "bigger very muscular" so I'm not sure if you are carrying some extra fat on them or not, but if so, diet is everything! You can work out 24/7 and if your diet isn't clean, it won't make a difference in the way you look.

Hope this helps!

Janet

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.