Trying to Fit Yoga In for Friday March 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did SWAT WeightLoss followed by SWAT Toning & Keli Roberts abs/core from Abs, Spine & Posture on the fitness ball and Flexibility for Inflexible People on the foam roller (30") with Keli also. Total workout at the end of the abs/core was 1 hour 30 minutes and I burned 410 calories. I also did Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power (30").

That foam roller DVD was very different. I'm glad I did it, as I found a new way to use my roller. It focused on deep myofascial release....or self massage on the roller. It went from the neck and upper back down to the thighs. I added a bit more of my own rolling onto the sides of the neck to release my spasms there. I might have to break this foam roller out more often.

Jen - Where do you live that it was 80? I din't do enought of Celebrity Fit to assess the workout yet. They don't use the Amplifier with this one. I'll have to do an old Tae Bo Live some day to compare them.

Yve - did you see my question yesterday about Pilates Magic Circle DVDs? I really need to start incorporating some Pilates into my workouts.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later.

Hi ladies! Grrrrrrrrr..I am in a very bad mood. Got home late again tonight-another 12 hour day. No WO for me. I am having Lean Cuisine for dinner to offset the lack of WO, so there won't be too much damage control.

Have a great evening...I'll be attitude adjusted by tomorrow! :)

Jen

Hi Ladies,

Today's workout was Power Hour, and yesterday's workout was Step Blast.

Lora - that is wonderful that you enjoyed the foam roller workout. I may just have to look up your Keli Roberts DVD and order one also. The Classical Pilates Technique - Magic Circle Workout is the only magic circle workout I own. It is a total body workout - and one can work at 3 different levels. I do like the reformer - but don't own one, and a reformer class would be quite pricey. Yes - we do often add weights to the mat workout. For example, we often use medicine balls to do the core work. There is one exercise in particular - where you are lying on your back - hands behind the head holding the medicine ball - and you sit up - and raise the ball up. The medicine balls that he brings to class are between 9lbs and 18 lbs. I have to admit though - it has been a while since using the medicine balls. We have been using the resistance bands more.
As well - the foam roller can make the pilates workout very challenging also. For example - doing pushups in various positions with the roller ups the difficulty - bc it incorporates balance also.
I don't own any other magic cirle workouts than the Classical Pilates - but if I was to go and buy one - I would likely buy the Stott - bc it is true pilates. I really hesitate with instructors who have jumped on the pilates (or yoga for that matter) bandwagon bc it is trendy. I prefer to go with people who have been practicing for years - and really know the impact on the body of various strengthening and lengthening workouts.

Meg - that is great that you were able to finish some of B&G.

Jen - What has happened at your work that has made it so busy lately? I know you are in HR - is it restructuring that has caused this? I hope you get some rest. It is really hard to continue at that pace for a long time. Pls remember to take time for yourself also :)

Have a nice evening everyone.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.