Trying to AWE a friend...

atiman

Cathlete
I have a friend who would like to try out a Cathe Step DVD. What would you recommend? She is an high intermediate to advanced stepper and likes complex choreography. It must be fun!

Just one thing to keep in mind. I brag about Cathe's workouts, so I want to pick the best option. I don't want her to think that what I do at home is cheesy (not that I think that at all) and it's what she would have expected from a home workout video.

I want her to be in awe. Okay, maybe I want to convert her a little.

So, ladies which one?

Thanks,
Namita

I second the Imaxes. Imax 2 in particular. I think that has the most fun factor. RS has really challenging, complex choreography. Step Blast is another one I can think of.

Pinky:)

I converted a friend by starting with KPC and she is now hooked. I also recommended PUB and she is totally a die hard Cathe fan now.

The Imaxes are great too as long as she is a step fan.

Susan

If you're looking for 'step' for her, I agree with the Step Blast. I like PowerMax a lot also but it's older and a little dated. I haven't gotten Rhythmic Step yet so I can't speak for that one although I've read a lot of good things. Good luck!

RS and Step Blast. These are the two with most concentration on complex choreography.

Imax 2 also, but there the intervals take centre stage, not the choreography.

Clare

Yeah, I would suggest IMAX 2, or Rhythmic Step. Maybe start with IMAX 2, because Rhythmic Step might scare her if she's not used to Cathes choreography yet.

Kathy

Ooo, good one Katherine, Body Max. I know that I did that one as the second Cathe video that I ever owned and the length and intensity of it scared me off for about 6 months. But maybe this girl is in better shape than I was. :)

Kathy

Thank You all!!!!!

I was thinking about RS, as well as, Imax 2. Then, I thought maybe Step blast would be good one also. I think I'm just going to hand all three over to her. I hope she doesn't keep them too long.

Thanks, again
Namita

I think I'm just
>going to hand all three over to her. I hope she doesn't keep
>them too long.
>
>
Are you sure you want to do that? From reading previous threads about people borrowing and not returning in a timely manner, I'd be more careful. Like giving a general time to return it (I'd like this back in 2 weeks, would that give you time to try it?--or something like that). And if you loan out all three at once, you may be without them for a while, so make sure you don't want to use them soon.

Ideally, you can loan out all three to her, she'll try them out in the space of two weeks, give them back, and buy copies of her own because she'll be hooked!

I'm with Kathryn,
Then again maybe I'm just being stingy, because instead of letting my mother borrow any of my tapes I always buy her own. HUH???!!??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.