Trouble with DVDs: FlexTrain & Great Glutes

Jenniferlove

Cathlete
Has anyone had trouble with these DVDs?
For me they worked fine for a while then they started freezing and skipping.
Then they only worked at the chapter level -- for a while, and then they started freezing/skipping again.
I received replacement DVDs but they are doing the same thing.
So far Party Rockin Step#2 still works fine.
I don't do the Lean Legs and Abs/PRS#1 DVDs but LLA also skipped/froze (didn't worry about it since I don't do that one). PRS#1 worked fine but I didn't care for all the turning so I don't do it.
I'm mentioning that because these dvds are all in the same series.
All my other DVDs work just fine so I just don't understand what could be going on with those two and LLA so I'm just curious if anyone else had a problem with their DVDs in this series, and no - I can't go to the downloads yet.

The problem you're having sounds like it is either with your DVD player or your DVDs need to be cleaned since they once worked fine. As a DVD player ages the laser becomes weaker and weaker till you start having issues like this. Dirty and scratched discs can also cause the same problem. My guess is if your discs are in good shape if you try them on a new player they will work fine.

The DVDs are brand new replacements, and the DVD player works just fine with much older discs that have gotten much more use.
Also, the player itself isn't very old, less than 2 years. I do plan to run a cleaner through it to see if that helps but either way it just doesn't make sense to me. Ugh!

I had lots of problems with xtrain dvds. turns out it was my disk player on my computer. My dh had it replaced and now everything works great.

Yep; it is both my PC player and my dvd player... I found an old dvd player that hadn't been used often and the DVDs worked fine. Makes no sense but I'm just glad I can play the DVDs. I missed them. Converter box -- coming to my workout room soon!

Jennifer, I was having similar issues with certain DVDs that wouldn't play correctly. When I tried them in a different DVD player, they worked fine. So I just replaced my DVD player and now everything plays great. They at so cheap now that it's no big deal to replace.

Yea I currently have that problem with 4DS and Intensity with the player in my workout room, but they play just fine on my computer and other DVD players. I just bought a new Blu-ray player on black Friday so I good now :)

My dvd's didn't work on my PC or DVD player after I cleaned it, but I did find an old DVD player we had that wasn't being used and am able to play them fine. However my PC is about dead. It's frustrating. Technology. Keep up or get lost. Replacing is great but just not in the budget yet. I'm just glad I didn't get rid of the other DVD player when I upgraded to the newer DVD player.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.