Trouble playing videos.

Barbara Hester

It took me over an hour to do a 40 min workout today because it kept buffering...I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks. I can't even do cardio workouts because I cant follow along...I workout out every day to Cathe but if i cant follow along what is use of paying for it. I play it straight on my computer and never had any problems. I cant play pre recorded or live videos without this happening.

Same happens to me about every 3rd or 4th time. Very frustrating. Did you try calling customer support? I didn’t because I have limited time to work out and I end up putting in a DVD I already own.

I did a CatheLive this afternoon and it played fine...and I have slower internet....
I usually use the app on my iPad hooked via hdmi to tv.

I'm also having a heck of time with the buffering problem for the Cathe APP (not live) ... Is this still a problem for some?

I emailed support and this was the suggestion: “As for the buffering, that could be a cache issue or a speed issue. You will want to clear your cache when this happens. Also try unplugging your router for a bit and then retrying.”

I emailed support and this was the suggestion: “As for the buffering, that could be a cache issue or a speed issue. You will want to clear your cache when this happens. Also try unplugging your router for a bit and then retrying.”

Hi laurawd, we're not seeing any issues here with iPhones or Apple TV. Have you forced closed the iOS app and rebooted and cleared the cache on Apple TV?

Hi laurawald, you're probably watching videos that haven't been cached yet on an Akamai server in your geolocation. Until that happens freezes and quality issues may happen. If you can give me one or two numbers/titles of videos you're having an issue with I'll test them here on my iPhone. You should also try replaying the same video you had a problem with previously to see if it now is cached and now works.

Last edited:
Hi The Admin:

I've tried playing a number of OnDemand STS videos, Ab videos, and my own premixes (via workout blender). The Blender workouts are especially problematic. Some of the ICE weighted 'burn' segments also do not play.

I am in Thailand. I've tried on both cellular and Wifi, on AppleTV and iPhone and using the computer (web streaming). Same problem each time. I do not have problems with other streaming services or APPs.

Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.