trouble playing 'on demand' over wi-fi

lwd69

Cathlete
I live in South Africa, where wifi is not that stable, so this may be the problem. I often cannot play most Cathe on-demand videos over wifi in my gym. I get a message saying there is 'an error'. (I can almost NEVER play Cathe live over the same network). This problem is particularly frequent with 'older' videos. Sometimes, I can get newer offerings to play. Can you offer any suggestions on how I might have more success? I've deleted and reloaded the app onto my iPhone 7. ... If it's a wifi problem, I guess I'll just suffer.

Thanks, in advance.

Hi lwd69,

You success playing Cathe Live videos on a mobile device will always depend on the Wifi you're connected to. Most gyms don't have very robust wifi's and without a good wifi connection you will have issues. Your success at the gym will also depend on how many other people are connected to the wifi network as most public wifi's put a maximum limit on the amount of "data" that is allowed to be downloaded so as not to overwhelm their system. For Cathe Live videos you may want to use your browser instead of the app as this will allow you to select the "Low Quaility" videos. With our OnDemand videos I would suggest selecting the low quality setting ins "Settings" as your default if your'e using the app. If you're using your browser for OnDemand you can select the low quality setting by clicking on the videp player "HD" button and selecting the low quality setting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.