Trouble getting pregnant

Amni

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Me and my DH have been trying since Nov/Dec to get pregnant with baby #2 but still nothing. I'm starting to get worried that something's wrong. My daughter is over 2 years old and we thought it would be a perfect time to start trying again. I've been marking the calendar on when I think I'm fertile but nothing. Any suggestions? My family doctor said that it's not considered a problem until we've tried for at least a year (a year?!). Any help would be appreciated.

You could try an ovulation predictor kit. I used them for the first month that I tried getting pregnant with my son, just out of curiosity so I could chart better for the future and whammo, we got pregnant on the very first try.

It's a little tougher if you don't have regular periods, but you can still get an idea if you are willing to keep testing.

You can buy the generic kind...they do the same job.

Good luck and please keep us posted. I hope you'll be joining us soon.

Hi, I am currently 21 weeks pregnant. About 9 months ago, I posted asking why it was so hard to get prenant, after trying unsuccessfully for 8 months. People recommended the book taking charge of your fertility, which was very helpful. I also began charting my temperature within 2 months I was pregnant. The month I conceived I ovulated on day 30. I was thinking based on periods I was ovulating much earlier. So in otherwords, it may be missed timing. Goodluck. Elyse

Toni W (TCOYF author) also has a site set up - www.ovusoft.com - with tons of forums/message boards for people trying/pregnant/etc. One of my friends who is pregnant is addicted to them! Best wishes!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.