Trolls!

SNM Videos

Administrator
As many of you know we're having a major problem on our site the last few days with "trolls" and "imposters".

We’re taking steps to deactivate their accounts and protect our site from further abuse. We have never liked to censor, but obviously some enforcement is needed now. Trolls are persistent by nature, and will try to circumvent any new security measure we initiate. So it may take a while before we can eliminate them. We have begun our research of the log files tonight and the problem is being caused by only one or two people who are using multiple email addresses and usernames. We’re very busy with editing the new videos, so the last thing we need is to deal with a headache like this. Nevertheless, we will restore the forums to their formerly friendly tone.

In the meantime please don’t respond to rude posters. Always check to see how many post a user has made. If it is only a few post and the thread is rude or attacks another member, you can be pretty sure it is a Troll.

Finally, if you disagree or decide to inform someone of a mistake, point it out politely. Give people the benefit of the doubt; assume they just don't know any better. And never be arrogant or self-righteous about it. We respect your right to disagree with us or another participant, but always be civil. Personal attacks against any member will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
:)

Chris,

We really appreciate all the hard work you & Cathe (& any others we don't know by name) put into this site. I'm sorry this is going on here.

I agree, it's just such a shame with all you guys already do that you'd even have to address something as petty as trolls! I'm just so appreciative for all you guys do and if I/we can help by just ignoring them and pointing them out, it's the least we can do.

Again, thanks for ALL your hard work!

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

To Chris and all the SNM staff,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the hard work you do. Everything about Cathe, her workouts, her business, her website, everything she does is First Class.
Thank you for your part in seeing to it that it stays that way. :)

I find that designation -- Trolls -- appropriate! Anyway, SNM, thanks for hard work in keeping the forums friendly. There's too much rudeness in the world already. I'm also glad you're going to delete the personal attacks. I've noticed that a few folks who aren't trolls sometimes get less-than-kind when they take offense to a posting (please, no one flame me. I'm sure we've all noticed it). Everone's entitled to an opinion but I don't think we are entitled to hurt each others' feelings.
Thanks again, Suzanne

Thanks Cathe! You and your staff really are a class act. I'm sorry you have to deal with this now when you are so busy!

It infuriates me that you have to deal with this silliness when you're already so busy. As far as I'm concerned, the forum cleanup could wait until the post-production is completed.
Thanks so much to all of you for all the things you do for Cathe...and for us! I imagine you must sometimes feel like you're babysitting a bunch of juveniles ;-) but please rest assured we appreciate you more than we can say.
Carry on!
Ruth

Unfortunately, the more popular a forum is, the more likely you are to be a victim of trolls. I run a membership only women's board and we've been infiltrated a number of times. It's a huge headache and it detracts from the original spirit of the board.

I don't post often here (although I openly admit I responded to a troll in a less than friendly way recently) but it has always been a supportive, informative and friendly atmosphere. It will return.

Keep up the great work - and let's get those new DVD's out!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.