Tri-Sets Total Body- STS2.0

Linda1

Cathlete
I did this workout today and LOVE IT !!!
This will surely become a regular workout for me.

Several distinctions : no pushups, no front lunges. This workout will be better for me when dealing with minor injuries.

It moves SLOWLY and that means I am less likely to injure myself trying to rush through a movement.
Also, because you can do this whole workout without a barbell, for many exercises staying seated is an option. That works well for me !
This is a great TB routine similar to Cathe's PHA's but actually better. It moves more smoothly from exercise to exercise. To me it seems more well-rounded than the PHA's - I feel like it hit every muscle group completely.
It is another AWESOME one ! Thanks again Cathe !

I did this workout today and LOVE IT !!!
This will surely become a regular workout for me.

Several distinctions : no pushups, no front lunges. This workout will be better for me when dealing with minor injuries.

It moves SLOWLY and that means I am less likely to injure myself trying to rush through a movement.
Also, because you can do this whole workout without a barbell, for many exercises staying seated is an option. That works well for me !
This is a great TB routine similar to Cathe's PHA's but actually better. It moves more smoothly from exercise to exercise. To me it seems more well-rounded than the PHA's - I feel like it hit every muscle group completely.
It is another AWESOME one ! Thanks again Cathe !
YAY! Can't wait. Doing this one tomorrow!

I did this one yesterday for the first time. I really enjoy all of the total body workouts but weirdly enough there was one set that was the most difficult for me out of all of the workouts. That was the triceps triset. I did the same weight as Cathe and was especially struggling on the seated triceps set. I had no idea being seated on a stable surface would be so brutal (I've done them on the ball. I've made sure the ball didn't bounce but it is some how easier with its 'give'). I will do all the workouts again and figure out where I can increase my weights--but definitely not on the triceps triset!

Finished this for the first time today. Wow! Loved this workout. I wouldn't exactly call this a PHA workout since she doesn't switch between upper/lower/upper/lower like she does in those. Lower is just at the start then a set at the very end. That said, I was definitely breathing heavy through the entire workout, no switching upper/lower needed!

Tell me I'm not the only one who was completely flummoxed at the end of the first set of chest when Cathe said "okay, now back to the chest press". I must have been absolutely checked out by the end of that thumb-to-thumb fly set. I kept thinking we'd come back to chest again later in the workout. Nope! Doing it again, NOW! o_O

I felt really powerful by the end of this workout, despite only being able to manage 6-7 reps on some while I figure out my best weight selections.

I'm glad I'm doing the 12-week rotation, because I definitely think another couple weeks with the full body workouts are going to be very important to prepping my body to go heaver and heavier when we get to the only upper and only lower workouts, then the parts workouts after those.

Great workout, Cathe and crew!

I did the express upper body premix of this one yesterday. I found this deceptively challenging. While you are only doing 8 reps per exercise, you do them back-to-back for the body part with no rest until the end of the group. I always use slightly lighter weights when doing a workout for the first time, but I found my weight selection was about right. One thing with the upper body premix, it has the rests between all the groupings where Cathe inserts stretches, except the last one, biceps. It goes straight to the stretch at the end. I needed to stretch out my biceps before going to the final stretch. This is why I love the workout blender. I will be adding this premix to my blender workouts and inserting a break at this point.

How I felt after I finished Tri sets today!!

I had to bump down in weights during biceps second set and considered stopping before the last legs (luckily I was wearing my Wonder woman shirt!)

Glad I didn't....what a fabulous workout!! I can see enjoying this one for years to come!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.