Training Question

gypsygirl64

Cathe,
I have recently discovered your workouts and I am starting from the older and working my way to the newer. This is my rotation since May (including Non-Cathe):

Monday:
AM: Advanced Pilates
PM: Cathe Cardio (currently Step Jam)
Ab Hits
25 minute Yoga (or Stretch)

Tuesday:
PM: Leaner Legs & CTX Upper Body
Stretching (or Yoga)

Wednesday:
PM: Cathe Cardio
Ab Hits

Thursday:
PM: MIS
Stretching (or Yoga)

Friday:
AM: Advance Pilates
PM: Cathe Cardio (or Walk - sometimes tooooo tired)
Ab Hits

Saturday:
Walk or other cardio and Longer Stretch tape (this is my "off" day)

Sunday:
All three Pure Strength and Stretch

Now of course, there are some days I cannot workout (I do have a life even though it doesn't look like it!) But this is my normal week and I have been very consistent and plan on continuing this rotation until January and then starting the Intensity Series.

Questions, etc.:
1) My goal is to get as strong as I can - is doing so much lifting going to HURT my strength goals?
2) I would like to lose 10 more pounds how much more cardio should I add? I cannot do cardio in the morning - I would end up tripping my self - Pilates works great for mornings.
3) Specific Goals - increase shoulder strength - esp. back shoulder. I seem to be wimpy and do less weights then suggested - are there any ways to trick myself into lifting heavier? Esp. during MIS - should I try do go with higher weights even though my shoulders are burning? (I am really paranoid about shoulder injury - it seems just too easy to hurt the joint). I don't want go to heavy during the CTX - there are sooo many reps...
4) Are there any suggestions you have for making my rotation more efficient or better? My husband is a SAINT and any time I could shave off would be great and he would appreciate!

Also, I do have Power Hour but for some reason haven't been able to fit it in. If you think I should do that instead of MIS, etc. Please let me know and I will switch it.

Thank you very much,
Laura

P.S. I really enjoy learning the cardio tapes. The first time I do one - you want me to do WHAT??? By the third time, I am pretty much right on and I think it is how all of the moves flow so well together and the great cueing.

Gypsygirl >^..^<

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.