Training diet?

I agree, discipline and planning are key. I love the workouts and am very fit by most people's standards but I don't have Cathe's abs. I would love to take a look at the Healthy Eating thread you mentioned. I know all the rules, but I have a tough time keeping eating fun and interesting when my diet consists of protein bars, almonds, chicken, vegetables, green tea and cottage cheese.

Like most women, I don't have a lot of time...full time job, commute, and a 1 1/2 year old baby, husband... you get the picture. How can I find that thread?

Thanks
Kimberli C

I agree, discipline and planning are key. I love the workouts and am very fit by most people's standards but I don't have Cathe's abs. I would love to take a look at the Healthy Eating thread you mentioned. I know all the rules, but I have a tough time keeping eating fun and interesting when my diet consists of protein bars, almonds, chicken, vegetables, green tea and cottage cheese.

Like most women, I don't have a lot of time...full time job, commute, and a 1 1/2 year old baby, husband... you get the picture. How can I find that thread?

Thanks
Kimberli C

I understand lwd's point-of-view, but I agree that Cathe shouldn't be giving diet advice. I think that it could be opening herself up to some danger in this increasingly litigious society of ours. Ruth is right on when she likened it to "advice from God" and SO many people go totally overboard with the exercise/diet thing - especially if they get the advice from someone they admire. Remember that whole thing with Oprah getting sued by the cattle industry for saying she'd never eat beef again?

If Cathe isn't a licensed dietician, it isn't a good idea to be giving diet advice. Cathe has a lot to lose if someone were to have a bad experience by following her advice and decided that she was to blame.

The fact that she says "eat clean" is what it is. You can go out and research what that exactly means for yourself by reading books written by people with PhD's. And I'm making a rather large assumption here - because I really know nothing about the lady except she works out for a living, has 2 sons, loves dogs and lives in New Jersey - but I wouldn't be surprised if she has someone preparing her meals. It takes a lot of effort and time to make food that both tastes good and is healthy. Chop, chop, cut, cut - run back out to the health food store because darn it! Who has wheat berries right in their cupboard?

And really...does it matter if you can get abs like hers? Are you going to be filming your own fitness videos to make a living? Are you going to compete in Miss Fit USA (is there such a thing?). Just be happy that you're healthy, strong and look a lot better than the 80% of the Americans who can't get off their lazy butts and lift a dumbbell!

And that's MY 2 cents. :7

RE: Training diet answers

I never take any advice from fitness experts. I eat clean but I decide how much, when etc. I have the guide from P90X ,looked through it and thought "Nothing new, just common sense". If you want to loose weight, calories matter.

I like that Cathe is not going to give us a diet recommendation because even if she would and all the foods are not what you like or normally eat, you wouldn't stick to it for very long.

I eat over 2300 kcal a day because I am tall and active. Cathe is active a lot more so I guess she'd eat more, too.

Good morning! I was just searching for a "fitness competitor" diet and saw your post. I went to Muscle and Fitness Hers and looked for that nutrition plan you mention is on page 2 but I don't see it. Do you think they moved it? I'm probably just missing it somehow. Thanks!!

Good Morning! I think this is a very interesting question to post! I would love to know what Cathe's diet consists of, but I wouldn't want the specifics. It would be nice if someone posted a list of foods that are considered "clean". I have read so much on this topic, my mind goes blank and I mix n match the wrong things! :( Its very frustrating as some diets say that bananas shouldn't be eaten until week 7 or something! My diet has improved alot since last year, but there is much room for improvement! My cousin started the Body for Life and had amazing amazing results! Has anyone else tried it? Just curious......

I don't know why there isn't a nutritionist that has her own thread or forum she monitors?? It would be fantastic to be able to ask about the nutrition value in different foods.

Anyway, I find my diet is great and then on the weekend (usually Friday nights) I blow it! My husband and I usually go out to eat and I hate to admit this, but I love the taste of microbrews! There are some great breweries here and we love to sample their flavors.......could this one night out be ruining my goals?? I would like to lose another eight pounds and it won't budge! I thought there was room for one cheat day in almost every diet plan, but apparently not........if anyone has thoughts on this - feel free, my ear is always listening!

Thank goodness its Thursday!

I have been working out and eating clean for many years. My guess is that Cathe's diet is similar to that of a fitness competitor. You can find all of their exact diets down to ounces and grams, and the times of day that they eat all listed in every issue of Oxygen magazine. If you want to look like Cathe put in sveral hours of exercise daily cardio/weights and eat like a fitness competitor.

I respect Cathe's decision not to give specifics about her diet. I personally am not trying to look like Cathe and her crew - that's not my goal. They look wonderful and I'd love to have that kind of physique, but as a 44 year-old, formerly overweight, menopausal woman I feel pretty good just lowering my body fat percentage to the normal range. I know if I was willing to make the kinds of sacrifices they make to be fit I might be able to look like them, but the truth is - I'm not. So my point is that not everyone who works out with Cathe really expects to look like Cathe. So maybe her diet isn't right for everyone.

Julia

Hi Julia,

Well, that's not the point. The question is asked because some people DO want to become as lean as the Cathe video stars. Or at least nearly as lean. If you don't want to, that's fine, but then, why reply to the thread? The question was for people aspiring to the lean look of a fitness model (as represented in Cathe's videos). .. If you're not aiming for that, then obviously you're not interested in Cathe's diet.

Certainly that doesn't mean others don't have a right to be interested, knowing the limitations that her training diet offers thm. But diets really don't differ THAT much from person to person in the fitness/figure-competition industry. Cathe sells her videos in part because she's selling her physique. Nutrition counts A LONG WAY towards that physique, and she'd be lying if she said if you do these videos, you'll look like me. We all know that's baloney, since diet makes up more than half the equation in leanness. Hence, the interest in diet.

Again, the thread is not for someone like you, who uses the videos with other goals in mind.

On the forum on www.theelitephysique.com, you can find lots of good nutritional details. The members there are primarily bodybuilders and figure competitors, or want to be. There is a specific section of the forum for nutrition information. Also, some members post journals of what they are eating and how they are working out.

For me, this has been a Godsend, because I worked out for years without having the nutrition information to really meet my goals.

There are also e-consultations available for a fee, and e-books that can be purchased. So it's a good mix of free advice and advice for sale.

I gain nothing by referring there. I am a member, and a paying customer. I have benefitted so greatly, I just want to help other people who are looking for the information that I wanted, needed, and found there.

Hope this helps!:)

I replied to the thread because I thought this was a forum, which suggests that any opinions can be posted. My point is only that Cathe may not want to give diet advice because she wants to appeal to a wider audience, not just those who want a fitness competitor body. I never said you didn't have the right to be interested, and wonder why you would suggest I don't have a right to post my opinion simply because I don't aspire to the same goals as you.

Hi Julia,

:)
I knew my reply would provoke a response. I swear, sometimes I really HATE forums, because I know if we spoke in person you would "get" me, and I would "get" you, and no annoyance would ever occur.

All I meant was that this is a thread specifically FOR someone interested in leaning out. So Cathe might say (and I know this will never happen), but she might say, well, if you want to undergo the transformation my body has, then you might try this, and post what she's done. Again, she'd only be responding to those who want to try the same sort of transformation.

It wasn't a thread asking for her diet for anyone in general, just for those seeking a similiar transformation. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'll just drop it now. And of course you have every right to voice your opinion anywhere! It's just that your opinion in this matter doesn't directly pertain to the nature of the question.

Oh... but whatever! believe me, I meant no offense.

best regards,

laura

Did you find the information? If not go to that site and in the Search box type in Fitness Competitors Diet, and then click on the Look like..... or something to that effect you'll see it. Boy that is alot of food!! That's scary too.

i understand Cathes not wanting to give diet information, we all know what we should eat and what we should not. i think she gives us a great starting point and incentive to keep going when we would rather give up and eat a cookie. in IMAX2 she asks the question "what do you want out this? answer the question and get going". when it comes to diet i think we also have to answer the question and get going! (lots of fruits and veggies is my answer)

Callie,

I found some info for you. On Cathe's Home page near the bottom, is a section called "Articles by Cathe" .... Press on "A Fitness Solution to Your New Years Resolution" ....
Scroll down to the last largest paragraph ....

I suggest to read the entire article, who knows, this might help all of us to obtain her fabulous body.

I hope this helps,
Janie

RE: Training diet?--Plus extra Q for Cathe

Hi, all! It's been awhile since I've posted, but was pleasantly surprised to see this old post get bumped up to the top. Again, I never intended to open a Pandora's Box; I only started the post for the following reasons:

1. Cathe, you haven't seemed to change size over the years; however, your "cuts" seem so much sharper. Please don't misunderstand me, you've always looked fabulous and healthy.
2. Therefore, I probably made a false assumption that you changed your training diet... Perhaps the transformation occurred because you've increased the frequency of your weight-training and decreased that for aerobics?
3. I have a rather wiry build (I don't exactly have to worry about "leaning up;" a previous post reveals that much of my wardrobe comes from various children's departments. At least they're making the leg-length longer; I no longer have that waiting for Noah's Ark look, which is oh-so-attractive.) :) I have decided that once I finish my current rotation, I will simply decrease my aerobic training, increase my weight-training and clean up my diet a smidge more.

Hope I haven't caused a lot of trouble, because I respect Cathe's and all of your opinions, fellow-posters. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. We're getting closer to that big, long-awaited UPS delivery, aren't we? ;)

All the best from,
Callie

Just thought I would throw my opinion in. I would simply like to her what her favorite healthy snacks and meals are. I understand she does not want to tell everyone a specific diet but I would be interested in a normal days menu for her.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.