Trader Joe's?

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello
I get so many recommendations for Trader Joe products but don't live near a Trader Joe's. I know they're sold on Amazon but I don't want to buy in bulk. Any other options/suggestions?

Thanks!

I feel your pain. We don't have a TJ's anywhere in our state but what I do is whenever I visit Atlanta or Nashville I go. Have you checked locations to see if there are stores in cities you might visit? Or do you know someone who visits you that lives near one who could bring you some things? I know that's not much of a help, but that's the only way I've figured out how to get my fav TJ's things.

LizC7,

I am obsessed with Trader Joe's. My addiction to TJ's is every bit as severe as my addiction to Cathe's workouts.

I don't live near a TJ's (although they just announced we will get one in 2014! yay!). In the meantime, as Dixie Girl said, I've been having someone mail me supplies regularly (my mom!). There are a lot of delicious fresh and frozen items from TJ's, but obviously if someone is shipping you items then they have to be shelf stable, so here are just a handful of my favorites:

Spicy Smoky Peach Salsa
Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
Mustard (both the Hot and Sweet flavor and Spicy Deli flavor)
21 Seasoning Salute Spice Blend (like Mrs Dash but WAYyyyy better)
Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix (when in season)
TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter
TJ's Salted PB
Speculoos Cookie Butter
Thin Mini Rice Crackers, Multiseed with Soy Sauce

Oh, and you can't go wrong with the dried nuts or fruits or trail mixes. Yum!

Hopefully you can get your hands on some Trader Joe's goodness. Let us know what you are able to try and how you like it.

Last edited:
I love the dijon mustard and the rosemary / raisin / some other stuff crisps.

I also buy TJ's stevia powder in a bottle - the packets activate my tree-hugger OCD.

They have terrific nuts and dried fruits as well.

We just had one open up relatively close and that place is PACKED every time we go in.

Thank you - I'll have to hunt someone down! What are your favorite TJ things?

There are so many but I usually get...
almond butter
almond & coconut milk
chicken sausage
the Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper soup is to die for
and for treats any of TJ's dark chocolate things :D

@Lisa, congrats on getting a store in 2014. It doesn't look very likely that we'll ever get one :(:(

Trader Joe's is a double edged sword. Many of their products are healthy but they also have many which aren't. I wouldn't go out of your way to buy through them. The only thing that is a great deal is the supplements and you can probably get equivalents at your health food store.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.