Trader Joe's

cwsoxfan

Cathlete
I love the peanut butter. I had bought another kind there and didn't like it, but this one was really good...even better than Smucker's brand. :9

I also made the frozen spinach for dinner last night. My kids gobbled it up!

I try to always get at least one more "new" thing to try when I go. I almost bought the Kashi Go Lean (is that the name?), but the picture even looked disgusting. Sorry, I know some like it. :p

Oh yeah, I also got the cherry pie Larabar. :9 That would definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. It's a good thing I only got one!

What should I get next time?:)

Dallas

How fun!!! I do the same thing at TJ's. Last time they still had some frozen roasted chestnuts, and the pomegranate seeds. I also found frozen pineapple!

I like their frozen fruits because they don't add sugar to everything. That's rare to find!!

I also just bought the PB to try it out. I still have a bunch open, though, so it will take me a while!

I like the Ame juice they sell- it comes in a wine bottle and it's some blend of juices. I think they have white, blush, and red. It's nice to have a few bottles around when guests come over and don't drink wine.

I can't speak highly enough of the Larabars, LOL. LOVE those!!! I tried the dried ginger the time before last, but I didn't care for it. OOH and they have something like "dragonfruit" in the dried fruit section- DO NOT TRY THAT ONE. IT'S VERY GROSS.

I do like their reduced fat greek salad, but I don't think I've tried any of the other salads.

Shoot, now I'm gonna have to make another trip!!! :p There's a ton more things, but this post is already getting long! Enjoy!!!

Have you ever tried their low fat cilantro salad dressing? It is in the refrigerated section near the vegetables. Also their orange chicken is great. (Frozen section)

> I also got the cherry pie Larabar. :9 That would
>definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. It's a good thing I only got
>one!
>
>What should I get next time?:)
>

I LOVE those Cherry Pie Larabars!
Next time, try the Cocoa/cocoanut, pecan pie, banana or apple pie.

If you've never tried soy beans, try em they're delicious. You can get them with the pod or without. You just boil them in water for ten minutes or so ( can't remember exactly, look on package). Serve them salted. My children like them with the pod, because they like to pinch them out. I like them both ways I guess. I'll put them in stir frys or add them to soup. They are tasty and really good for you. Another thing I like is the dry roasted almonds, and tamari roasted almonds are good too. I crush tamari almonds and add them to salads with fruit sweetend dried cranberries.
Heather

I love their homemade chicken soup. It's only 170 calories and 240 mgs of sodium and 13 grams of protein. It comes in a 12 oz container and it has about 23 grams of carbs. It makes a great quick lunch with a nice big salad! It's very filling. I also like the prepackaged almonds. I've been buying for the last two months. They are called "Just A Handful of Dry Roasted Unsalted Almonds" It offer great portion control! The almonds are roasted and there are 13 individual packets. Each packet is 210 calories and weigh about an ounce. They are so convenient for my daily snacks--I just grab one and throw it in my bag.

Bon Appetit:),

Katrina

> I also like the prepackaged almonds. I've been buying for
>the last two months. They are called "Just A Handful of Dry
>Roasted Unsalted Almonds" It offer great portion control!
>The almonds are roasted and there are 13 individual packets.
>Each packet is 210 calories and weigh about an ounce.

Hmmm, didn't see these. I'll have to look for them next time.

I like the chicken salad, veggie fried rice, potatoe chips-sorry Crisps, multi-grain pita chips, multi-grain pretzels nuggets and my fav chocolatey cat cookies.

Thanks everyone!! I forgot I also bought the soy ginger dressing. It's very good.

Is the chicken soup in the refrigerated section?

I buy the unsalted almonds in the bigger bag. I didn't see the prepackaged ones either.

I'll have to add some of your suggestions to my list for next time.

Thanks again.:)

Dallas

>I LOVE those Cherry Pie Larabars!
>Next time, try the Cocoa/cocoanut, pecan pie, banana or apple
>pie.

I saw the apple pie, but not cocoa/cocoanut! :9

If you haven't tried Fage fat free Greek yogurt then you are definately missing a treat. I thaw out frozend fruit and pour it over the yogurt. Pure heaven!

I love their almond butter (although the price keeps creeping up). Inka chips are a new find too (roasted plaintains) - they satisfy my potato chip craving. DD loves the Nori Maki (seaweed wrapped crackers). The fat free cottage cheese is the best I have tasted. I refuse to buy any from the store anymore. Oh - their unsweetened jarred applesauce is delicious.

I have to admit I can get very annoyed with TJs for their product fickleness. There have been items in the past that were discontinued without notice. Just as bad as the Lancome counter... Nobody cares if you're addicted.

P.S. - the uncured - no nitrate bacon is excellent.

I am disappointed in the fruit selections. Nothing is ever ripe and if you buy it hoping it'll ripen, it never ripens properly. Yuck. I have more luck with some of the veggies.

Just had to pop in and say I love to buy strange things in TJ's too. Last time I tried dried dragon fruit. Really nice flavor, not too sweet, totally purple.

I haven't been to TJ's in ages, which is really stupid as there is one about a mile from my house. I have to stop by this week! I love their salmon and their stir fry veggies for a quick meal (not together, but that would be good too!).

OK, I've added cottage cheese. My dd loves it. I have to eat non-fat yogurt. I'll check out that Greek yogurt. Mogambo, not sure about dragon fruit. ;-) My ds might eat just because of the name. LOL!

Christine, you'll be hooked once you go. I've been going for awhile, but because of reading posts on here my grocery list has been growing. :) We just grilled some TJ salmon for dinner the other night. :9

Sorry Shelley. What about your local grocery store? Some of our stores are selling more and more organic stuff.

I just may have to go back sooner!

Dallas

What about things you risked buying from TJ's that you tried and then had a "blek" moment (like Lucy from Peanuts getting kissed by Snoopy)? I bought some corn bread there, and it was very yucky. Oh and I bought some little organic choc. chip cookies, thinking I've never met a cookie I didn't like, and well, these were not so good. Oh well, not that these experiences will stop me from going! The sesame pita chips were good!

Resa

Not everything at TJ's is great. Definitely not. I find the fish to be unexciting and blah at the prices they charge. I can definitely do better at my grocery fish counter. Same goes for some of the meat and their prepared foods.

>What about things you risked buying from TJ's that you tried
>and then had a "blek" moment (like Lucy from Peanuts getting
>kissed by Snoopy)?

HA HA! That's why I started this thread. I've bought some things too and thought double blech!!! I can't recall the product name because I threw them out. One type of potato chip and some sort of artichoke spread. Ewww!

I tend to stick with "safe" stuff, but you never know, right?

Dallas

"Sorry Shelley. What about your local grocery store? Some of our stores are selling more and more organic stuff."

We do have lots of organic stuff at the grocery store, and we have a store near us called Goodness Me! that sells the types of things that you're all describing. I guess I've just never investigated thoroughly enough:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.