Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis/ Design Series

Ivy

Cathlete
I was going to start Cathe's STS in a month, but now I have been reading somethings about Tracy Anderson's dvd's, for those of you who have tried the metamorphosis or the Design Series, which is best and how does that compare to STS? I know they are all entirely different ways of exercising but could you just give me your opinion?

Thanks

I have done STS 2X and loved it. I made significant strength and endurance gains with this program. Now I am doing Tracy's Meta Omni and after a slow beginning with stops and starts I am entirely into it and look forward to doing the workouts. They are sooo different from STS which is a more traditional strength training program and a good one. Meta has a 30 min dance cardio you do every day and a 30 min "muscular structure" workout you do every day--changes every 10 days. She uses very light weights--3 lbs.--but you feel it with her moves. Then it is on all fours for quite a good bit of the workout. She has both traditional moves and some new and inventive ones that I have not done before. I have lost about 6 lbs. ( changing none of my eating habits) and have gone down 2 jean sizes in about a month. I can see the changes and people comment on how I look. I had DS also but did not care for it--too dark set, weird clothes and what I felt were some awkward moves. I also have Mat and PP and really like them both. Tracy has lots of her stuff on youtube so you can check them out. It all seems strange at first and you think how can this possibly work but it does and I do see visible changes. Her cuing is minimal and that really bothers a lot of people. She never says when she is switching sides nor does she count reps so sometimes you have to twist your head to keep an eye on the screen until you get used to the workout.

Once again, thank you so much for your comments. That gives me an idea of what to expect from her workouts if I do them consistently.

Thanks

Phyllis (and others who have done the workouts),

How do you find the meta program to be for arms?..have you been able to maintain your results from STS in terms of arm definition/muscle size using Tracy's program? How many months have you been doing the workouts?

I'm currently doing STS but also eyeing these for later (my shopping list includes just about everything ever discussed here at this point ;))...90+ days (read somewhere that the QVC set includes an extra DVD for 120 days of workouts) without heavier weights makes me a bit wary because I like the look of more muscle definition and achieving that look is one of my (long term) goals (ie: arms more like Cathe's and less like Gwyneth Paltrow's).

Thanks for any feedback.

[How do you find the meta program to be for arms?..]
I've been looking at her program, too, & would be interested to know about the arm work. Her workouts definitely look tough!

I did not think to ask about her workouts regarding the arms, how is her workout with regards to the arms and your being able to maintain your muscle from STS?

Thanks again.

So far I don't find there is enough arm work on the Meta DVDs. But you do spend a lot of time on all 4's or in plank so I guess that is something. There is also some arm work with no weights and then using 3 lbs. I love her arm work on her Mat DVD and while she uses only 3 lbs you do feel it. I sometimes add arm work from her Mat DVD, youtube videos, and another favorite Hamelin D'Abell (?) who is also on youtube and has some vimeo videos. I really like him and am looking forward to his releasing some DVDs maybe in Nov. My arms are slimmer which I like as all of my sweaters and T shirts had become too tight in the arms and really I was not happy with how I looked but that is a personal preference. I don't feel like I lost strength tho which is interesting. I just want to say that TA is not for everyone and you might find her frustrating with her lack of cuing and some of the comments she makes. Right now she is working for me and I am liking the results and enjoying the workouts.

Yes thank you very much, and variety makes the world go round, who would want a world where everybody looked the same.

Thanks again.

Okey Dokey, just ordered my meta hipcentric, although I think I am a mixture of ab, and glute too. The last thing to gain on me is my upper body. I gain the most on my hips and thighs, so I went with hipcentric.

I also went so far as to sign up for continuity.:eek:

I am doing this as my post preg rotation that does't take alot of equiptment.

Feel free to make me feel better about my purchase. Pep talks, stories of amazing results, and pats on the back are welcome.:p

Phyllis (and others who have done the workouts),

How do you find the meta program to be for arms?..have you been able to maintain your results from STS in terms of arm definition/muscle size using Tracy's program? How many months have you been doing the workouts?

I'm currently doing STS but also eyeing these for later (my shopping list includes just about everything ever discussed here at this point ;))...90+ days (read somewhere that the QVC set includes an extra DVD for 120 days of workouts) without heavier weights makes me a bit wary because I like the look of more muscle definition and achieving that look is one of my (long term) goals (ie: arms more like Cathe's and less like Gwyneth Paltrow's).

Thanks for any feedback.

I don't think Tracy Anderson's workouts are for you if you want arms like Cathe or want to build strength. While I haven't followed a TA rotation yet, those wouldn't be my goals with it... when I follow a TA rotation the goal would be to have a body like Gwyneth P, or better yet like Shakira (who's also rumored to do TA workouts)...

I don't think Tracy Anderson's workouts are for you if you want arms like Cathe or want to build strength. While I haven't followed a TA rotation yet, those wouldn't be my goals with it... when I follow a TA rotation the goal would be to have a body like Gwyneth P, or better yet like Shakira (who's also rumored to do TA workouts)...

Nightowl:
I think you are right...most of her clients want slender arms without much definition. I am mostly intrigued by her lower body work...I would definitely be 'glutecentric' (no doubts about that...right now, the animation/cartoon she uses in the infomercial could be my silhouette...lol!). I would definitely try her out but wouldn't want to let my upper body atrophy in the process. Wondering if the arms get enough work to just maintain. If I give TA a go later on..I shouldn't even over-think because I think my muscles start to respond pretty quickly if I needed to add weight work back in. I may test drive her Perfect Design Series later on...I heard all the arm work in those are un-weighted so I could probably add my own without overdoing it (?). Until then, I have STS, then Low Impact Series on the agenda...(and Brazil Butt Lift and P90x sitting on my shelf still..and a wishlist of Cathe's)..but the threads keep sucking me in still. ;)

pinkquinn:
Best wishes on an easy delivery..! Keep us posted how you end up doing with TA Meta.

Nightowl:
I think you are right...most of her clients want slender arms without much definition. I am mostly intrigued by her lower body work...I would definitely be 'glutecentric' (no doubts about that...right now, the animation/cartoon she uses in the infomercial could be my silhouette...lol!). I would definitely try her out but wouldn't want to let my upper body atrophy in the process. Wondering if the arms get enough work to just maintain. If I give TA a go later on..I shouldn't even over-think because I think my muscles start to respond pretty quickly if I needed to add weight work back in. I may test drive her Perfect Design Series later on...I heard all the arm work in those are un-weighted so I could probably add my own without overdoing it (?). Until then, I have STS, then Low Impact Series on the agenda...(and Brazil Butt Lift and P90x sitting on my shelf still..and a wishlist of Cathe's)..but the threads keep sucking me in still. ;)

pinkquinn:
Best wishes on an easy delivery..! Keep us posted how you end up doing with TA Meta.

will do! Just got my shipment notification in the mail. I am due the 7th.....
I def need to "slenderize" lower body and get my abs back to normal, which many people credit her with. I find this very challenging, so we will see if she delivers as quickly as she claims.

I do like a more muscled upper body, I build easily, and have guns just from being a mom, I figure just an upper body blast from sts total body or an upper body meso 3 from time to time ought to do it. Having bigger shoulders also helps even out my hips and rump:D

thanks for best wishes concerning an easy delivery and healthy tot, much appreciated. Labor is well......labor:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.