TOY STORY 3 IS AWESOME

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
OMG, I took the kids to see this after school yesterday. What a GREAT movie. So much going on and taps into so many emotions....funny, scary, sad, etc. If you don't want to know anything about the movie until you see it then read no further but otherwise.....I thought the funniest part was the dancing scene with the Spanish Buzz Light Year and the Ken Doll Fashion show! The scariest parts were the monkey scenes and the baby on the swing. Andy going to college broke my heart at the end. Great movie!

We went on Father's Day. LOVED IT!!!!!

The giant baby was creepy!!! Dolls give me the heebie jeebies anyway. Lots of funny bits, some I think the adults got more than the kids.

My eyes got a little leaky at the end, and I am NOT a movie crier.

Nan

I took my DS who is 15, as the original Toy Story was the first DVD he and I watched together. It was a great story and I sobbing by the end since DS will be leaving for college in no time :(

I keep hearing GREAT things about this movie!! Can't wait to see it. I have to hold out until it gets to the cheap show however. DD is just barely 3 and this will be her first movie - she has seen the original on DVD and loves Buzz Lightyear - so in case she is not ready to sit through an entire movie yet I'll only be out the cost of a cheap show ticket. Can't wait - I love the movies and am excited to have a movie buddy - DH hates the movies so I usually go alone. Plus, I love cartoon/children movies and now I have a little one to take. Yay!! :eek:

Maria

Can't wait to see this one. I am begging my son (already in college) to see it with me since I still remember seeing the first one with him when he was little.

LOVE Buzz Lightyear! Ken doll fashion show????? Can't wait for that.

I am so excited..I can't wait to take my kids. My 4 year old is totally into Buzz, so he has been wastching 1 and 2 all the time. They all have been begging me to take them, but I am waiting for a rainy day, which will be any day now!!

Oh boy, I guess we will end up completing our Toy Story DVD collection at home!! :D

We are off to see Karate Kid this weekend! But now that I read these shining reviews, I wonder if we should change our plans!

Pam

We chose TS over KK because the reviews were SO good. It really was a great movie. I cried at the end, too. So touching!

The ken fashion show was the funniest part IMO. And while the baby was creepy - I didn't think this one was a scary as the second one.

I agree with Cathe - I just thought it was a very balanced, entertaining, kept you guessing, wide ranging movie.

My husband and two oldest kids got to see it. I had to stay home with the baby. I guess I have to wait till its out on DVD. ha. They said it was great too!

We took our nine yr old son to see it and we all loved it. Have to agree--the baby was very creepy. Reminds me of the baby doll head with legs from the first Toy Story movie. I too, loved the scenes with Buzz speaking Spanish.
One amazing thing was that our 9 month old grandson made it through the movie without pitching a fit once. :)
Trevor

Looks like the majority wins! Randy now wants to go see Toy Story instead of KK! I better bring a LOT of kleenex! I am a totaly weeper/sobber when it comes to movies!! :eek::D

Pam

My boys have been counting down to this since last fall! We're going Saturday, and they cannot wait!! Neither can I!! I love love love the Toy Story movies. Glad to know this one measured up to the other two!! :)

I saw this yesterday evening as well and loved it. Wonderful movies and so very touching. They really tapped into how some of us felt about our toys. I was crying at the end. I was also impressed with the 3D - wow - the story was so good you don't need the effects to enjoy it - but Wow - it was neat watch. They ended this series perfectly.

We went as a family to see Toy Story 3 in 3D on Tuesday night. It was a hit with the entire family and my girls are 18 and 20! We laughed and got a little teary-eyed as my youngest will be heading off to college in August. Loved it!

~Terri

Okay, I quit reading at your warning! I love the Toy Story movies! Saw 1 & 2 with my mom when I was still living down south. Have to wait for Netflix on 3 though. :(

I've never seen a single one of them!! I'm putting 1 and 2 on my Netflix list so I can see them all at once (by the time I get that far down the list, 3 will be out)

DD and I saw it on Tues and I was suprised at how fast the movie moved---it seemed it was over right after it began. For me the Barbie and Ken scenes were the best!! And I have to agree that Big Baby was super creepy, especially the swing scene. DD has never wanted to part with her old toys thanks to 'Rudolph and the Misfit Toys' movie (with the Toy Taker). Now after seeing this movie, it will be even harder to get her to donate any! ;-D

OMG, I took the kids to see this after school yesterday. What a GREAT movie. So much going on and taps into so many emotions....funny, scary, sad, etc. If you don't want to know anything about the movie until you see it then read no further but otherwise.....I thought the funniest part was the dancing scene with the Spanish Buzz Light Year and the Ken Doll Fashion show! The scariest parts were the monkey scenes and the baby on the swing. Andy going to college broke my heart at the end. Great movie!

ITA!! DH and I saw it this past Sunday, and we deliberately went to the regular-format screen rather than screwing around with 3D. I was entertained, frightened in a couple of spots, thought-provoked and deeply moved. Highly, highly recommended.

A-Jock

We can't wait to see it! Sounds like lots of fun! Pam, just to let you know, The Karate Kid is great too...we really enjoyed it so put it on your to-do list after TS3!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.