Total Body Weight Work

momto4

Cathlete
After doing mostly 3 day a week splits for weight work, I've decided to concentrate on total body weight work. I've recently done STS Total Body, and Muscle Max, which is a favorite, but I'm wondering what other dvd's have total body workouts that come in around an hour? I'm thinking that most might be premixes, which I'm the first to admit, I haven't really done premixes in the past. So, I'm curious to know, which dvd's have your favorite total body weight work? I have all of Cathe's weight lifting dvd's. BTW, I'm not a big fan of high reps, so I'm looking for something else.
TIA

I really like Burn Sets for heavy weight. Are you looking for endurance too? If so, my favorite is High Reps. Take a look at the clips and see if you might like them too. Good luck.

If you have the pyramids, you could do an upper body premix, up only or down only, and add on a lower body premix, again either up only or down only. That would give you what you are looking for too.

Clare

I prefer total body weight work dvds instead of working separate body parts on separate days.

Two of my favorites that you might like are:

STS Total Body

or

Muscle Endurance

both by Cathe

Best Wishes

Push Pull and Supersets are both under an hour and have many pre-mixes to add intensity to the workouts. Maximum Intensity Strength is a bit over an hour, but it is a good solid workout. I use them with STS total body and Muscle Max too.

Just to clarify, did you say you have High Reps and do not like it? Or did you mean you don't prefer a high reps workout (like Muscle Endurance)? If you don't have High Reps, I would seriously encourage you give it a try! It's probably my most favorite total-body workout Cathe has ever made. IMO, this workout is not repetitive or boring -- as some high reps workouts tend to be. There are a lot of fresh/innovative moves that I'm sure you will enjoy :eek:. Another thing I have to bring up about total body workouts, is that I always feel as though 1 or 2 muscle groups don't get worked enough. You won't have this problem with High Reps. It is extremely well-rounded, working all muscle groups to fatigue.

Another vote for:

1) Maximum Intensity Strength
2) Low Impact Series Total Body Tri-Sets (you can chose a LB + UB premix)
3) Travel Fit (total body band work! Nothing else like this in Cathe's collection)

Good luck!

Another vote for Muscle Max as a total body workout. It's a little over an hour (I think it's 66 minutes) but covers everything. I am not a fan of High Reps for some reason, but I like Muscle Max.

Eva

Just to clarify, did you say you have High Reps and do not like it? Or did you mean you don't prefer a high reps workout (like Muscle Endurance)? If you don't have High Reps, I would seriously encourage you give it a try! It's probably my most favorite total-body workout Cathe has ever made. IMO, this workout is not repetitive or boring -- as some high reps workouts tend to be. There are a lot of fresh/innovative moves that I'm sure you will enjoy :eek:. Another thing I have to bring up about total body workouts, is that I always feel as though 1 or 2 muscle groups don't get worked enough. You won't have this problem with High Reps. It is extremely well-rounded, working all muscle groups to fatigue.

I have High Reps, but there's just something ablout it...it's just not for me.
I totally forgot about Push Pull & Supersets. I have PowerHour too!
Does anyone know if there's a total body premix for Slow & Heavy, or Gym Style. What about Body Max, is there a premix for that?

I just previewed Maximum Intensity Strentht. I've had that DVD for years and never done that workout. It's looks terrific!!! I can't believe I never really noticed it before. I've done PowerHour many, many times but not MIS. I can't wait to try it. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

I just previewed Maximum Intensity Strentht. I've had that DVD for years and never done that workout. It's looks terrific!!! I can't believe I never really noticed it before. I've done PowerHour many, many times but not MIS. I can't wait to try it. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

I have had this dvd for almost a year, and while I, too, have done Power Hour many times, I have never done MIS. Probably because the step warm-up threw me off. I think I will do it tomorrow now though!

MIS was one of my first workouts. I love it. I haven't done it lately. I like the lower for a good shorter workout,

I only have the vhs so no premixes for me. This is my last tape I haven't switched to a dvd.

So I finally did Maximum Intensity Strength today and I just have to say .....I LOVED IT!!! It's an awsome workout. It's a straight forward, no non sense, tough, weight work out which I love. I cannot believe I've had that DVD for years and never done that work out. I'll certainly be doing it many more time in the coming months.

Momto4: I own this DVD and have never done this workout either! I always do power hour. I will definitely give it a go next week.

Total body workout

Hi,

Total body lifting Moderate to heavy:

*STS Total there are great premixes
* Muscle Max Love this very much, Barbell only as equipment on this;) My favorite toy
* Pure strength

There is more on cathe collection.

All the best,

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.