Too hot to workout

Does anyone else have a hard time working out in the heat? I'm in Vegas and it's near 120 and I just ain't got it. I keep thinking it 's the heat.

I just got back from my first trip to Las Vegas 2 weeks ago! It was hot, but I loved the lack of humidity! I live in South Louisiana where it's hot and humid! I know how you feel about not feeling like working out due to it being hot.

I just haven't had the cardio in me. Even had to use 5 lb weights just to get through pure strength legs today. Yeah, the lack of humidity is really, really nice.

Here in California it has been in the hundreds....if I don't get my workout done in morning it ain't getting done! My workout space is in the garage, and even though I have a portable a/c unit, when it gets over 100 I am just so whooped the workout becomes counter-productive simply because of the heat.

The other day I saw a man running (!) in about 105 degree weather...when it gets that hot I feel like I can barely move....I was wondering if he had a death wish or something....

So anyway, I did the bonus combo for Pyramid(Cathe) this morning and this afternoon laid on a lounger in the pool!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness me too! I live in Arizona every summer during this time I have the hardest times with my workouts, but I still get my butt out into the garage and workout. It blows my mind because thinking back I don't know how the heck I would workout with the intense heat when I was pregnant with all my 6 kiddos. But I hear you!! The beginning of summer is not to bad, but right about when the monsoon starts here in Phoenix its brutal...so hot, hot, hot, and humid!!!

Here in California it has been in the hundreds....if I don't get my workout done in morning it ain't getting done! My workout space is in the garage, and even though I have a portable a/c unit, when it gets over 100 I am just so whooped the workout becomes counter-productive simply because of the heat.

The other day I saw a man running (!) in about 105 degree weather...when it gets that hot I feel like I can barely move....I was wondering if he had a death wish or something....

So anyway, I did the bonus combo for Pyramid(Cathe) this morning and this afternoon laid on a lounger in the pool!

Where in California u live? I also live in ca & yes it's been hot! I am training for a half marathon in August & it will be hot with 2 big hills! Yikes!

Where in California u live? I also live in ca & yes it's been hot! I am training for a half marathon in August & it will be hot with 2 big hills! Yikes!

I live in N. CA in the East Bay Area. This past week it has been in the hundreds...but it has been so nice today...it was in the eighties...we got the cool ocean breeze today!

This morning DH and I went for a 37 mi cycling training ride....for our anniversary we go down to SLO where they have century rides to raise money for Lou Gehrig's disease (in the middle of July)

Last edited:
I'm in North Carolina and even with my AC on I sweat like crazy! Downdog can become weiner dog very quickly because I'm slipping and sliding so much on my mat!:p It is amazing how the heat can zap you!:rolleyes:

Does anyone else have a hard time working out in the heat? I'm in Vegas and it's near 120 and I just ain't got it. I keep thinking it 's the heat.

Oh, this is exactly my reason for not heading out to the gym today! It's been so warm around lower mainland I just wanted to lie still and be cool (sigh)

P.S. Your signature quote is hilarious :)

It is the heat. I only do yoga or tai chi when its that hot. I do take it easy. We just had 10 days of 110 deg. plus and I didn't want to kill myself.

Be kind to yourself. Drink water. Do yoga. Feel good.

It's been in the upper 90s/100s here and we only have AC in the bedroom (thank God!!!). This morning I got up and it was so hot in the basement where I work out, I decided to go outside and walk. It was actually cooler.

I live at Central Valley California:) it gets really hot here.

Buneknek! I grew up in the Central Valley!! Actually, in Modesto. Do we know heat or what? It gets like an oven, doesn't it?

I especially came out looking for this thread this afternoon because it is blasted hot again...100 degrees and I did not get my workout in this morning because of commitments. So i wanted to gripe and complain to people who would understand!! Since I workout in my garage, it is most likely 110 in there and I just do not think it would be wise to do that so I am bummed! I suppose I could totally rearrange my living room and bring all my stuff in there in the a/c....The only problem is...there are other people living in this house who like to hang out there too :p:confused:....and we live in a small house as it is here in the Bay Area...but I guess I could send everyone to their room :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.