Tonique?

jcm

Cathlete
Question for those of you who have these - you like them? This is the only place I've heard of Tonique. I checked out her site but I'm a little unclear on what the DVDs are or how they are different. From viewing clips the Premier one looks most interesting to me. I'm training for a half marathon in the spring, so that's my cardio focus. I use Cathe for weights and some cross training. Quite frankly I'm in a rut and sick of working out! Cathe's DVDs are the only ones I have - that includes STS strength and cardio.

Guess I don't really know what the question here is. Do you like them? Would it be fun for something different to break the boredom?

Jenny

I have them all and like them all except I haven't tried her first one yet. Apparently there is a voice over on it. In fact, today I did her newest Cardio Mat and it was tough, but in a different way than Cathe. You can check out her dvds at totalfitnessdvds.com and they show clips. She is very positive and very fit.

Hth,
Laura

Tonique

I did Tonique Premier for the first time this week and I loved it! Very different from anything I have ever done.. Squats and lunges galore...You do scream for "Mercy" near the end. No way that this is Not going to firm up your butt and thighs. And it really felt like a shock to my lower body, because nothing else like it. Although it was Totally different, I would put it in the "different from anything else I've done class" as Athletica ( Illaryia).

Hope this helps.

I have them all except for Cardio Mat, but that's only a matter of time.
10.gif
I like these WOs a lot. I agree, Sylwia is positive, fit, pleasant—and her customer service is outstanding. I don't know if she still does this, but she used to respond to emails personally.

Exactly as Westcoaster said, expect "squats and lunges galore," a "merciless" amount of reps, no chaptering. With Tonique Mat you get killer sculpting; with Premier and Tonique 2, there's also a cardio factor. I like the Premier workout a little better than Tonique 2 (though some don't care for the voice-over) and tend to break it up and do it as an add-on. They're all tough. And I love the fact that it doesn't take any equipment to deliver some majorly wicked lower body DOMS.

I have all of the Toniques except for the newest Cardio Mat work out (Just haven't broken down on that YET. LOL). I love them all but Tonique Premier is my fave (the one with voice over). I just did the back lying portion of Tonique Mat yday and was cramping all over the place. :eek: It was awesome! ;) This usually gives me "toilet seat issues" the next day...strangely enough, I am fine this morning...but there's always day 2 DOMS! :eek:

Thanks for the info! I thought the Premier one might be the best to start with. After being used to Cathe, the background/music on the others (it looks like blue and white kites or something) might be a turn off. I did notice the voice-over. This is more than just lower body? I don't really have any major lower body issues, but know strengtening it will only help my running. Does she get upper body also?

I almost feel like I'm cheating! Just so used to Cathe. I do have one Tracie Long but to me she lacks Cathe's warmth.

Okay, I bought the premier but hadn't done it until today. I agree with the above poster that I like this one the most. It was seriously hard! It was also total body. LOVED it!

It was total body? I've watched clips of Premier and Tonique 2. 2 seemed to have more upper body stuff but also more cardio. I know lower body always gives you some cardio but toning/strengthening is my focus. With my training I'm running 4x/week and usually strength train 2x.

It was total body? I've watched clips of Premier and Tonique 2. 2 seemed to have more upper body stuff but also more cardio. I know lower body always gives you some cardio but toning/strengthening is my focus. With my training I'm running 4x/week and usually strength train 2x.

It starts with cardio drills, moves on to all kinds of squats with arms (light weights), then all kinds of lunges with arms, then a bit of cardio, then mat (leg lifts all directions) then abs. My heart rate stayed between 133 and 164 (more toward higher end) and I burned more calories than with the others.

I have them all except for Cardio Mat, but that's only a matter of time.
10.gif
I like these WOs a lot. I agree, Sylwia is positive, fit, pleasant—and her customer service is outstanding. I don't know if she still does this, but she used to respond to emails personally.

I agree her customer service is outstanding. I just ordered Tonique Mat and Premier. I am so excited for them to arrive. To my surprise, Sylwia responded to a message that I sent her within an hour and was extremely helpful and friendly.

I only have Tonique Mat and really enjoy it. It's a very tough lower body workout that I use for a 2nd leg/butt workout during the week. Nice change from weights, but no less difficult.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.