toes falling asleep while working out???

sprout

hi everyone! i just bought a pair of ryka alchemy II on sale. i have never worn ryka's before and love them aside from the fact that my toes on my left foot go numb while i'm working out in them! yes, it only happens on one foot!!?? has anyone ever had this problem and can offer a solution? i don't think there's anything unusual about my feet, but i do have high arches if that means anything. thanks in advance!

Hi there! I get this numbness on one foot too in my toes, but not all the time. I wear Rykas too (Re-evolution). But sorry, I can't offer a solution :(
I just try to wiggle my toes around and eventually it goes away.

Susan

I do not get the numbness but my toes seem to be cramping up. Not sure what is causing this.

Hi,

I always wear Rykas, and no matter what the shoe "name" have found that if I tie them too tight over the top of my foot, I get numb toes. I can tie them as tight around the ankle as I want but over the top I have to be carefull.

Just my $ .02

Nadine ~~long time lurker~~

The last three toes on my right foot go numb every time I wear Nikes. Any Nikes. No idea why! They will sometimes go numb with other brands as well, depending, I guess, on the model.
The only shoes I can wear with no problems at all are Reeboks. But that's just me.
I've always wondered about this toe numbness thing myself.
Ruth
:-hmmm

Toes going numb can also be a sign of Morton's Neuroma, which is basically a pinched nerve in your foot. This can be caused by wearing shoes that are too tight. If you have wide feet, make sure you get shoes that give your forefoot plenty of room. Speaking from experience here. I love Rykas but cannot wear them for aerobics because they do not make a wide-width shoe. Darn!
[font color=green]BETSY[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.