To those that are recovering from an ED

luvmylbb

Cathlete
I was just wondering if it is normal not to lose weight when in recovery from bulimia?I know that i eating less calories than before but I am not seeing the scal move much, I know that i should be focusing on recovery and not the scale but I thought than when I began to eat clean consistently and exercise, that I would lose some fat and be healthier. Am I off on this?THank you :)

IMHO, if you are in recovery from bulimia, you need to throw your scale away. Keep eating clean and exercising in a healthy manner. Thinking too much about the numbers on a scale is rarely healthy for people who are not recovering from an ED, much less someone who is.

Good luck on your recovery and congratulations for getting healthier.

Lunacat

I am trying to recover from anorexia and I was told to hide my scale, so that is a good thing to do or you might start into anorexia.
Good luck on your recovery!!!

Oh no! I'm recovering as well, and you MUST MUST MUST learn to do without your scale. It's not your friend. Are you in therapy? Were you not told this? Please listen when I say you should not be using your scale during your recovery. Even now, after a few years, the scale has a way of dragging me back down. I found that I had to stop doing challenges on here that involved me weighing myself, because I felt myself falling back into old habits.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.