To Maria777

Dsha

I see that you're a baker; how do you stay in shape and make delicious cookies and cakes? I too bake and am always nervous about trying new recipes because I don't want to pack all the calories back on that I just burned off earlier during an hour workout. How do I make pastries to be low calorie, lowfat or no fat?

Good question for Maria777! :)

If I loved to bake (well I do from time to time!).....I too would want to eat all of the sweets by sampling!

ha ha!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day!" :)

>I see that you're a baker; how do you stay in shape and make
>delicious cookies and cakes? I too bake and am always nervous
>about trying new recipes because I don't want to pack all the
>calories back on that I just burned off earlier during an hour
>workout. How do I make pastries to be low calorie, lowfat or
>no fat?

I laughed when I saw your post!!! A lot of people ask me that question!!
:) :) Even Cathe asked me once, "Maria, whatcha you baking??"

Well, to tell you all the truth I love cake baking and decorating but I am not a cake lover!!! So, I can very well resist a cake and the scraps that I have to cut off when trimming it!!

Chocolate and chocolate cakes are my weakness but I don't make too many of those.

I also bake cookies and decorate them but I stay away from those too!

I also think about how hard I have to work out to burn off those extra calories so that helps with the temptations.

But don't be mistaken, I indulge every now and then!!! :9

Since I'm a SAHM I want to do something that makes me feel as though I'm doing more than boosting ratings to my favorite TV shows so I decided to learn to make and decorate cakes. I can't go to school for several reasons so I purchased books and dvd's on the subject. Did you go to school for it or did you just learn on your own?

>Since I'm a SAHM I want to do something that makes me feel as
>though I'm doing more than boosting ratings to my favorite TV
>shows so I decided to learn to make and decorate cakes. I
>can't go to school for several reasons so I purchased books
>and dvd's on the subject. Did you go to school for it or did
>you just learn on your own?

Hi! I took two courses from Wilton Industries that are offered at JoAnn's Fabric Stores and Michael's. The teach you the basics of cake decorating, like making the icing, flowers, leaves, etc... and how to cover the cakes and make character cakes.

The offered a 3rd class, which was on how to cover cakes with fondant, but I learned that on my own.

The courses only last 4 weeks, once or twice a week so it isn't bad. Give it a try! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.