To: Honeybunch

Beets

Cathlete
Hi Honeybunch,
I was just sifting through old posts on here and saw the one you posted about building a client base. How is that going so far? You had said that you were going to do something with Weight Watchers--did that pan out? I was thinking of approaching one of the Weight Watchers leaders to do fitness talk or q+a session at one of the meetings but don't know how amenable they are to doing that. Was just wondering if you were received well or not. I need to rebuild my client base and need to come up with some ideas real fast. The economic downturn has hurt my business a bit and I really need to get some new clients. Have you tried any other methods of marketing yourself and how did they work? I have to say that I have a strong training background but stink at the business aspect of it all! Good luck with your endeavors and if you could share any successes that would be great!

You have to go to a local WW meeting room and speak to a leader who will then relay your request to the area head honcho. I'm going to do that tomorrow. I'm going to give them fliers for my new class, and leave business cards, hopefully.

Then I'm going to talk to my local Y and see if I can work as an independent contractor trainer. They have their own who are Y certified, so I may have a chance with my golden ACE credentials. So far that's my plan, plus network with other trainers. One gal I'm seeing tonight to help me get down my skills for doing Body Comp measurement with calipers already is talking about giving me her excess business that she can't handle.

That's the plan so far.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.