TO ANYONE WHO'S DONE INSANITY

ckanuckel

Cathlete
Just recently received the INSANITY workouts. I've completed two 3 month STS rotations and am on the last week of an undulating rotation. Planning on starting INSANITY next week. Has anyone stuck strickly to the INSANITY rotation without adding weights or changing anything and what kind of results did you get? I'm feeling weird about 2 months with no weights, however I did get the upgraded INSANITY that includes and upper body weighted workout. But dont know how or where to add that in. I've made good muscle gains with STS and don't want to lose that, but I am also wanting to tighten and tone up more and from what i"ve seen INSANITY will deliver that.

I definitely didn't want to just do Insanity without any strength training.

I ended up doing 3 full body workouts a week, which I did first, and followed it with Insanity.

I did Cathe's Muscle Endurance or Muscle Max during the work week and on the week-ends I coupled together pyramid upper body with one of her lower body workouts - e.g., pyramid lower body, Legs and glutes, Gym Style legs, or Butts & Guts and this coincided with an off-day from Insanity usually.

I did a pure Insanity rotation when it was released last summer. I had completed the 3.5 month STS rotation about 4 weeks prior to starting Insanity. I did not lose any of the strength I gained with STS by doing a strict Insanity rotation. (I re-did all the STS 1RM exercises after completing Insanity and had between a 5-10% strength gain on ALL exercises)

My results with Insanity were amazing!! I had actually bulked up in the thighs doing STS but Insanity slimmed my legs without losing strength. Shawn T has plenty of interesting body weight exercises for the arms that helped further define my shoulders. My cardio endurance went through the roof. I haven't had any trouble sailing thru Cathe's HiiT workouts or the Imaxes since completing Insanity. ( I am 49 years old) I love love love Insanity and while I haven't done another pure Insanity or STS rotation, I have been incorporating 2 Insanity workouts and 2 STS workouts each week.

Brenda,

Those are awesome results!!! I'm so glad you've been happy w/ Insanity!! (Next year? Shaun T's Asylum is coming out..:eek::eek:)

I did INSANITY strictly as is and lost about 30 pounds and 15 inches. I LOVE it and totally am addicted to it. I can't wait for the new series, that's for sure!

Marcia.

wow! I just broke down and ordered insanity....any words of wisdom? I really need to lose 15-20#!
Thanks!

BestICan

Hi-
I started doing Insanity workouts back in December... And, I only do 1 or 2 Insanity workouts a week, am not following a specific rotation. ( I like to run and do other things for cardio as well as lift weights pretty intensely.)

With just doing 1 or 2 Insanity workouts per week, I've noticed a marked increase in my Anaerobic Stamina and also some nice improvements in my core area.. particularly the lower abs, which is a problem area for me.

That being said, I also noticed that I had to be careful on some of the exercises as far as injury! I notice my knees and feet get more achy when I include these workouts as part of my cardio regimen. Also, some of the upper body work can be tricky, so make sure you are super careful doing the moves. I tweaked my shoulder during one of the workouts, so I kind of modify during those portions of the workouts.

For me, I'm skeptical on the amount of strength increases you can get with this kind of workout.. but, admittedly I weight train with heavy weights/lower reps which works best for my body type. However, everybody is different. And I can't dispute the increased improvements in my core area with just doing 2 of the workouts/week.

Take Care, Lynn M.

Insanity

I was an Insanity sceptic, but finally broke down and got it a couple of months ago. I didn't realize what I was missing!

I'm starting the second month of Insanity and I've also gotten great results. I did the first month as suggested and did one additional upper body and one additional lower body workout along with some easy runs. For this second month I'm running with more intensity twice a week, so I'm limiting my Insanity workouts to 3 -4 per week because I just can't take any more impact. If I repeat any of the Max workouts per week it will be the one with the upper body focus. I've seen an amazing improvement in my anaerobic capacity that is translating to my running. My DH says I look great, but he's biased...

I haven't quite figured out how to incorporate my strength training this month, but I haven't lost any strength from the first month and I may have gained some. I've done pull/chins twice this week and was very happy with my ability to do them unassisted. That's the only place where I think Insanity is a little unbalanced; back work.

It's a great program, but you obviously have to use common sense and modify to fit personal fitness needs.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.