Time Saving Workouts?

gypsymom

Cathlete
What are the Cathe workouts (strength, circuit, or cardio) that give you the most benefit in the shortest amount of time? I’m trying to figure out the ones that are the most beneficial and under 30 minutes. I know there is HIIT, Timesaver, Tabata, XTrain Xpress, and x10. Any others? Good Premixes? Time saver rotation(s)? I did a search but didn’t see one.
I’m looking for intensity in the shortest amount of time.

Not an all-inclusive list, but off the top of my head list of workouts that contain tough premixes in the 30 minute range (give or take a few mins):

Cross Fire
To the Max
Drill Max (cardio premix that might be like 40 mins)
High Step Challenge
High Step Training
Imax 2 (premixes where you can just do combos/intervals 1-5 or 6-10)
Imax 3 (same)
Intensity (step premix and HiiT premix)
Low Impact Challenge

Also, Total Body Trisets Lower Body is only about 39 mins in its entirety. I really dislike the music on this workout but I find it to be a very effective and efficient leg workout when I select challenging weight loads.

Lisa

Do you have 4 day split? Each total workout is about 60 mins, split evenly between weights and cardio. Each workout is cardio followed by the weights, but it's very easy to do cardio only or weights only for a solid 30 min workout.

I do, thanks. I had that one in the back of my mind, too. I actually came up with a really cool, month-long rotation using Body Max 1 and 2, x10, HIIT, Tabatacise, Xtrain Express upper (splitting), Muscle Max (splitting), runs, and Step and Intervals. It just kind of fell into place. I'm really excited to do it.

Also the XTrain series has lots of premixes as well as her Low Impact series! I love her X10 dvd! Excellent and has a little bit packed into so much! Lots of premixes in that one too!

gypsymom,

Yes, please share your premix. It sounds like a fun one! I use downloads and have created some timesaver workouts using the X10 segments and Burn Sets from XTrain.

Barbara

I’m sorry. I tossed it a while ago. I actually hated the idea of short workouts 6x/week once I got into it. It didn’t make sense to me to get dressed, set up, warmed up, cooled down, and stretched for a 25 minute workout 6x/wk, when I could be doing a 60 min workout 3x/wk with a 60 minute run/wk and get in more actual workout time in less time and have 3 days off/wk instead of 1 (if that makes sense).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.