Time Question

geojill

Cathlete
I was looking at a few of Cathe's rotations and am interested in two in particular: Fat Loss & Strength Building (Dec 06)and Shock Your Body (Nov 06). These look like they are rather time consuming and I was curious to know how all of you fit these kinds of things into your routine?

Usually I am up first thing in the morning so that I can be done exercising by the time DD is up but I don't know if I can get up THAT early to finish.

Any suggestions or advice?

It depends on what you are trying to do ( your goal) and how much time you have.. I want to loose weight and define muscle. I only have around 50 minutes a day ( same as you I work out in the early am);. I had a lot of success with a one body part per day rotation that I made up using various forms of cardio for around 20-25 minutes each day, followed by the Slow & Heavy weight , only doing one body part which is around 30 minutes. This is what it looked like:

Sunday: S&H Legs and Shoulders ( I did the full workout here, no cardio because Sunday is a day I can spend an hour)
Monday: 20-25 min cardio , S&H chest
Tues 20-25 min cardio, S&H Back (Includes Core work)
Wed 20-25 min cardio, S&H Triceps
Thurs 20-25 min cardio, S&H Biceps & Abs
Friday: all cardio, however long you can

Hope this helps!

Thank you both, I appreciate your suggestions. For the month of August it won't be an issue, but once school starts I'll have to reassess...perhaps I can break it up and do a little bit in the evening as well. I would really love to do a whole month-long Cathe rotation! I can just imagine the results I would get by sticking to it and cleaning up my diet a bit!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.