Tim Russert died!

Very sad...what I read said that his family had just returned from Italy to celebrate his son's graduation, nice that the family had one last hurrah...it always breaks my heart to hear of someone dying so suddenly and not getting to say goodbye.;(
Only 58, I remember when that sounded old...it's not old at all. I'm sure the memorials and television retrospects of his career will be fascinating. R.I.P.

Take Care
Laurie

He was the only reason I watch any type of news on Sunday morning. So calm and fair. He will be sorely missed.

I'm blown away by this. He was my favorite - so smart, so genuine and just the best. MTP is one of my favorite shows - it certainly won't be the same. I feel so bad for his family and son - and his father. Just so sad.

I am shocked and deeply saddened by his passing. I'm rooted in my conservative views, but Tim Russert, a liberal, was a great man and a great political commentator and interviewer. He was fair minded and gave hell to all sides. NBC will never find a replacement for this great man.

Very sad and scary especially because I just spent last Sat. night with my DH in the emergency room. He had extremely painful pains right under his ribcage in the middle of his body. Wasn't too close to the heart and he has no family history of heart problems, but with his age,52, I was extremely worried. It turned out to be gallbladder attack and gallstones but for a while there I was worried about losing him because I never in 23 yrs have seen him in as much pain as he was in. He has surgery on Monday to get the gallbladder out. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Tim Russert family during this difficult time.

I am sick to my stomach about this. I look forward to listening to Meet the Press podcast every Monday morning during my commute. I really enjoyed Tim Russert and thought that he was a great journalist. I wish that more journalists were like him and ask the hard questions and demand answers from our politicans. He will be sorely missed by me!

You got it, he was a journalist, not a clown like the folks on Fox since Rupert Murdock took it over and turned it tabloid, or Lou Dobbs and CNN's spinners-who went from reporter to nut as well.........he was a good man...I guess the blessing is that he didn't survive prolonged CPR - losing that brain would have been worse....

Very sad day

It really is horrible, a horrible loss. Both DH and I watch Fox News, and always enjoyed listening to his commentary.

A tremendous loss not only to his family but to all who valued quality journalism. He will be missed.

Annette

I, too, was so saddened when I heard the news. I called my brother in Manhattan to see if he'd heard and he was actually crying! He said the same thing as Michele-he was a Democrat, but was so non-partisan in his journalism-giving it to both parties. Tough, but fair. I loved hearing him talk about his dad and his son. A true gentleman. I'll miss him and his dry erase board and I know the elections will never be the same. May he rest in peace.

Klaudia

I'm incredibly sad over the news of his passing. This was a historic election that he would have done justice to in his reporting of the events.

I agree - I never watch NBC or MSNBC because of it's extreme liberal slant, but I liked Russert. Too bad! He was way too young.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.