The Ultimate Challenge for Women

I've always believed in sleeping my way to the top. Or at least sleeping my way into a size small top. ;)

Sleep is divine! I can lose chunks of fat it seems if I sleep extra long on the weekends. Makes me feel guilty, but there's nothing like it.

Sleep is divine! I can lose chunks of fat it seems if I sleep extra long on the weekends. Makes me feel guilty, but there's nothing like it.

I've noticed that too. The more sleep I get, the less I weigh, although I don't know if that means I'm losing fat. What do you feel guilty about?

What do you feel guilty about?

Staying in bed when everyone is up and about. Makes me feel like a slug and missing out (especially if its sunny). But its one of the things I love about the weekend, especially in the winter.

Staying in bed when everyone is up and about. Makes me feel like a slug and missing out (especially if its sunny). But its one of the things I love about the weekend, especially in the winter.

It's good for your health and helps you control your weight. So, feel guilty no more! :D

Thanks for the links. Getting more sleep is something I definitely need to work on. In fact, thanks to this I went to bed an hour earlier last night!

For those of you who take naps, do you think naps are a good substitute for or addition to a good night's sleep? I love a good nap, but I suppose if I just went to bed earlier and slept longer/better it would be more beneficial than sleeping less at night and then making up for it by taking a nap...?

I've noticed that too. The more sleep I get, the less I weigh, although I don't know if that means I'm losing fat. What do you feel guilty about?

I think it plays into that whole Cortisol thing...the more/better sleep you get, the less stressed your body is, then your Cortisol levels get lower and you don't hold onto excess weight so much.

YAY SLEEP!!!! :D

I loooove to sleep. Unfortunately I am a night person so getting to bed early is tough. Ideally, if I could go to bed at midnight and wake up about 10:30 I'd be fantabulous but the world doesn't work that way.

I loooove to sleep. Unfortunately I am a night person so getting to bed early is tough. Ideally, if I could go to bed at midnight and wake up about 10:30 I'd be fantabulous but the world doesn't work that way.

Me too Beavs! I sure wish the world worked that way.

Gayle, you're probably right.

Last night I curled up in bed with a book and was able to zonk at 9:00! A nice relaxing nine hours of sleep curled up with a fuzzy kitty cat. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.