The Secret is out!

I, and several of my friends, have been positively impacted by the principles taught in this DVD. For those of you interested in The Secret, you may be interested in seeing "What the Bleep do We Know." This goes down to the quantum physics level and is quite interesting. Also, some of the teachers in the Secret are also in this DVD...

I think this information can be very helpful to people who are stuck in negative thinking. I don't think it will prevent bad things from happening on occasion. To go even further in that sometimes perception is what really needs changing. We think its tragic for a young child to die but is it tragic to the child or to those people who are grieving. But maybe its more tragic to live 90 years and suffer along the way (just playing devils advocate). Some people say "Oh, the child never got to live a full life of experiences" and then others will say "Oh, that person led a long life of suffering" It's the perception of everything that makes things positive or negative. Point is: we are ALL going to die. No one's getting out of here alive.

Also, my view of someone living in this lifetime in hardship in regards to previous lifetimes is not that they were "bad" or did something bad. My own belief is that maybe they have a belief they are bad on some level or a belief they should suffer that they carry through lifetimes. The same could be said of people who hold onto the victim mentality all throughout their lives.

This would be a fun discussion over a beer or glass of wine. Beliefs can always change over time as well.

I taped the show and watched it over the weekend. I agree with what was said, and have for a long time. I've been acquainted with those same principles from reading other books - I needed a refresher, and this came at a good time for me! I'm glad this was brought up or I would have never known it was going to be on.

>>:7<
>
>Good answer! Cleared everything right up!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yep love does tend to do that...clear things up that is...I did not know that it was my job to clear things up for you, but I am glad that I did.

Have a wonderful day and may all your dreams come true!

>>:7<
>
>Good answer! Cleared everything right up!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yep love does tend to do that...clear things up that is...I did not know that it was my job to clear things up for you, but I am glad that I did.

Have a wonderful day and may all your dreams come true!

>I taped the show and watched it over the weekend. I agree
>with what was said, and have for a long time. I've been
>acquainted with those same principles from reading other books
>- I needed a refresher, and this came at a good time for me!
>I'm glad this was brought up or I would have never known it
>was going to be on.

I am glad that the information was here for you, that is exactly why I posted this.

>I, and several of my friends, have been positively impacted
>by the principles taught in this DVD. For those of you
>interested in The Secret, you may be interested in seeing
>"What the Bleep do We Know." This goes down to the quantum
>physics level and is quite interesting. Also, some of the
>teachers in the Secret are also in this DVD...

Yes, "what the bleep do we know" is another wonderful movie and quantum physics is incredible!!

Thank you for your positive post it is very much appreciated

:)

You know, I have mostly been ignoring this thread because I think it is important to respect other people's belief systems, no matter how illogical I personally find them.

However, as a person born with a "disability," I have to say, I find it incredibly offensive to follow the "logic" this must have been due to (1) the negative thoughts I emanated as a fetus, or (2) my egregious past lifestyle choices. (One certainly hopes that I at least had a good time.)

I can believe that thinking positively would in general keep you in a better frame of mind, attract other positive people in your life, and possibly help "good" things to happen to you ("good" being relative, but it's interesting how "good" is generally attached to "wealth" in this conversation), but I also do not buy into the circular logic that the flip side must also be true - that negative thinking therefore leads to negative/tragic events. That's like that old circular logic: if God is love and love is blind, Stevie Wonder must be God.

But, to each his own. Now that Oprah has blessed the message, it will be quite hip for a time, I'm sure. I bet most of the guests at that show afterwards wished they'd been on the car-giveaway episode, though.

Marie

>4. This is a very personal way of looking at life and for
>those who believe it I'm not sure why anyone needs to try to
>convince them that it is wrong and/or incorrect. No one is
>hurting anyone by believing in this and I'm sure we each have
>something that we believe in that someone else could try to
>show us that we aren't 'right' to believe.
>
>Just my thoughts...

I have a right to believe that I have magical powers and that the sun is made of cupcakes, but that doesn't make it right. I agree that we each have a right to our own thought process but we also have an obligation to ourselves and our world, to think logically. This is the main problem I have with religion. The whole "lets just let people believe what they want and RESPECT that even though they have NO evidence". This would never work for anything else other than religion. This is why "the secret" sounds like some new religion to me. Should we have to respect people's opinions just because they have an unfounded belief???! If anyone is telling you that a. they know what happens to you when you die, or b. they know why things do or do not happen to you...then they are selling you something, either an idea or a full blown religion.

Carolyn

I agree with you, Carolyn.

I think the saying, "There's nothing new under the sun," is pretty much right. People think that no one has ever had the same problems and that whatever solution someone wants to put a new name on is so innovative, when, really, it's been done before. Snake oil salesmen have been around since the beginning of time. The only difference is that now we have the media and the great Oprah to get it out to more people in a shorter amount of time.

I really think that if people spent the time they invest in reading this kind of flavor-of-the-month "I'm-okay-you're-okay-pasaages-how-to-win-friends-and-influence-people-celestine-prophecy-power-of-positive-thinking-seven-habits-of-highyly-influencial-people-chicken-soup-for-the-soul" answer to their problems, reading great literature instead, they'd be better off, a lot happier and smarter, and probably much more interesting.

Well said, Marie.

To a certain extent, we reap what we sow, but I don't know how anyone can issue an ultimatum that all "bad" things are the result of a negative frame of mind. And I can only imagine how hurtful it might be to someone devastated by loss to imply it was their own fault.

I think it would be nice if everyone could see the beauty within the message.

There are many on this forum that know me and what trials I have delt with, and I am still dealing with in my life currently.

I wanted to say a few things in response to so many posts..

I have had many things happen in my life that have been difficult, painful and very very sad. I have had had loss, I have had pain, I have 3 children with disabilities, I have had poverty, I have had defeat, I have had victory.
If I spent my life blaming someone or some unknown force for my life, where would I be? Instead I choose to look at each thing in my life good, bad or ugly as something that I learned and grew from.
Did I purposly bring these things into my life... NO! so why did they happen to me? Maybe to learn, to understand, to feel something, to have empathy for others, to be a support to another, to teach others. I can look back at almost everything horrible that has ever happend to me and I can find something positive about it, I can see how it impacted my life in a positve way, how it changed my life for the better, how it made me grow as a person to be who I am today.
Bad things don't need to be bad...only if you choose to see them to be bad.
There are always 2 sides to all things..you can look at the cup half empty or half full...it is your perspective that you choose to view your life and the lives of others.

So did my negative thinking, negative behaviors, bad choices bring the bad things in my life..Yes I believe they did..and for that I am thankful. If I had a perfect life I would be an empty shell of a person, unable to give to others.

It is not just a negative frame of mind only...in our negative thinking so we have negative behavior, and in our negative behavior we do things that are not positive. How do you feel when you meet someone that is mad at the world??? Are you kind to them when they are yelling in your face..most likely not.

"Your thoughts cause your feelings"

"An affirmative thought is 100 times more powerful than a negative one"

:)

Spinin28,

Thanks for posting the information about The Secret. I had not heard of the DVD or book. I ordered it from Amazon after reading your post. I haven't watched it yet but look forward to it. I will let you know what I think. I love inspirational books/dvds.

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.