The real thing

Tallchick

Cathlete
I was 10 and he was 20. I only got to see him once a week, but when we were together it was the real thing. Of course I gazed at his picture every day and longed to see him again. It was pretty much over by the time I was 11 but for that year, I was able to understand what true love really was. So, how many of you felt the same way about David Cassidy that I did?
I now must note that if I knew that I would be taller than him by the time I was 12, it would have been over much sooner. Tiger Beat and 16 stated that he was 5'8" but my friend stood next to him waiting for their dinner table a few years ago (she was wearing flats) and swears that he is only 5'6". Oh well, brought me back to Earth.

I remember feeling this way about... *gag* *choke* *cough*...

The New Kids On The Block

:eek:

I was 10, they were 15, and I was certain that I would marry Joey McIntyre. :p

Mememememe!!!!! I LOVED David Cassidy! Almost as much as I loved Shawn! But not anywhere near as much as I loved Donny Osmond.:+ And not even close to John Travolta/Vinny Barbarino/Danny Zuccho.

I didn't feel that way about David Cassidy until I became an adult and watched The Partridge Family reruns. Only then was I able to truly appreciate his beauty. I was more into his half-brother, Shaun. But when I grew up, I didn't feel the same way about him. I was also into John Travolta and Andy Gibb.

Oh! And 5'6"? That's a perfect height for me (5'0"). I wish my husband was closer to that height. He's 6'2".

Does anyone remember Bobby Sherman (sigh)?

--Lois

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning" - Mahatma Ghandi

Emily-

I was the same way about the New Kids on the Block. Only I was going to marry Donnie Wahlberg, I was sure of it!!

I’m about to give up my age here but, when I was a kid it was the guy from “BJ and the Bear.” I don’t even remember his name right now but I what a stud I thought he was.

I also had a thing for the “Dukes of Hazard” guys but now I see reruns on CMT and think they look kinda dorky. Somehow the Daisy Duke look never went to dorky???

I wanted to marry either David Cassidy or Bobby Sherman. I haven't heard anything about Bobby Sherman in years. I always tease my family that we wouldn't be together if my childhood dream would have come true.

Debbie

This sounds like a weird one, but I loved Burt Reynolds. He had that dark hair and mustache and to me he was hot. but now he is ugly as mud.

Remember smokey and the Bandit?

kim

You think that's weird - how about John Denver? He did that duet with Ms. Piggy and I was in love!

Okay...don't laugh...but a few months back I downloaded "I think I love you" by the Partridge Family and "Girl" by Davy Jones and added them to a few other oldies but goodies and burned a CD that I have been playing over and over and over!

MY husband was in my car the other day and just started cracking up!

By the way, I have seen David Cassidy in person at the Saratoga Race Track. He owns/races thoroughbreds. He still looks cute.

Tammy:D

>Does anyone remember Bobby Sherman (sigh)?
>

I sighed over:
Bobby Sherman (his single "Little Woman" was my first record purchase!) (I was a member of the Partridge Family fan club, and got autographed photos---where could they be now? I'd Ebay those babies!)
Davy Jones
David Cassidy
Among others.

All pretty short, I think (especially Davy!)

Tammy I love that Partridge faimly song! And can't get it out of my head now, ha ha. Ritko, I think it was Greg Evegan? Does that ring any bells. I liked him too! For me it was Sylvester Stallone, in Rocky! And loved John Travolta in Grease!
~Carolyn~

> Tammy I love that Partridge faimly song! And can't get it
>out of my head now, ha ha. Ritko, I think it was Greg Evegan?
>Does that ring any bells. I liked him too! For me it was
>Sylvester Stallone, in Rocky! And loved John Travolta in
>Grease!
>~Carolyn~

Carolyn,

I loved John Travolta in Grease too...those baby blues....hmmm, a woman can dream, can't she?

I'll have to burn you a copy of the Partridge Family song and bring it when we meet.

Tammy

Nice blast from the past: I was right there with you loving David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Bobby Sherman as well as Leif (sp?) Garrett and Andy Gibb. There was also a doctor from a medical show (not Marcus Welby M.D., some other show) that was pretty cute with deep dimples and brylcream coiffed hair, was it called 'Medical Centre?' Oh and I thought the darker haired guy from Emergency was pretty cute too. Funny how thinking about it can take you right back, thanks for that:)

Edited to say, Partridge Family was theeee coolest show (way cooler than those Brady's) and the only time I ever wrote a fan letter, although it was to Susan Dey as she was a Laurie too so I figured that made us pretty close to best friends, funny, she never wrote me back.:p

Take Care
Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.