The "Newbie Appreciation Thread"

LauraMax

Cathlete
OK I meant to post this last week but I got tied up w/other stuff.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to define a newbie (membership for X months? X number of posts?) but I feel compelled to say, with a few notable exceptions, that we have had some truly amazing, knowledgable, kind, generous women with enormous hearts join the forums recently & I am SO glad they're here!

One thing that many of us don't think about is that, just b/c someone is new to Cathe's forum, or even to Cathe, doesn't mean she's new to exercise. Infusing the forum with new or alternative knowledge & perspectives has become invaluable to me, & helps me with my ongoing fitness journey.

Also, this is a forum that has been historically supportive not only for fitness, but for physical ailments, personal heartbreaks, issues w/friends & family.....the list goes on & on. Having even more women full of wisdom & caring here could not possibly be a bad thing, could it?

I won't list everyone b/c I'd be sure to unintentionally leave someone out, & I don't typically get involved in the "welcome new member" threads b/c there are so many threads w/so many posts, so let me just say right now: welcome to newbies & vets, I'm glad you're here, don't go away, & it ain't the drugs talking! :p

You are awesome, LauraMax!

LauraMax, thank you so much for saying this. I joined in July so I don't know if I'm a newbie or not, but I'm so glad to have found this forum!!! It's nice to share the passion for Cathe and make new friends from all corners of the country. It's not easy at first, putting yourself out there when others have been around a long time, but I think this post might give some lurkers the incentive to do it. I know I'm glad I took the chance!!! :)

PS--Did you see that the CW might remake Melrose Place? I totally thought of you when I read that. :)

I agree...eventhough I don't get to post regularly, I appreciate all the info, answers and opinions I get from this forum. I have learned so much over the past year or so and I trust the information 100%. I feel confident making decisions about my workouts & nutrition after getting feedback from all of you wonderful ladies and gents! Thank you for everything.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for starting this thread and for all of the information that is available.

I am a newbie and I am trying to start my journey to fitness by using Cathe Friedrich workouts as well as TurboJam and some live classes at my local fitness centers. It has been a struggle for me, but I am in this to win it and I know that I am the prize.

I have lurked in the past but never really jumped in to any conversations, because I feel rather inexperienced to Cathe's workouts.

I look forward to stopping in from time to time to offer and to get support.

Thanks Laura. I am new, and enjoy learning from the forum.

I noticed (in some other threads) that there were concerns about newbies asking questions that were already answered rather than searching. I myself asked a few questions that were not answered--I am guessing because they were answered many times before.

Unfortunately, even the stickies have non-working links (e.g. the link in the sticky posted by Cathe at the beginning of the "Fit Moms Pregnancy and Postpartum" Forum), and even the Advanced Search is lacking standard capabilities that Google, Ebay, etc. have (such as word variations, negative terms). Most importantly it does not allow short searches. So I cannot search for CTX directly. It is especially relevant because one of the posters in an older post suggested to search CTX to get more info. Given that abbreviations are used quite often (4DS, BFFM, etc.), a lot of the information cannot be retrieved in reasonable amounts of time.

Anyhow, just wanted to bring these up again taking your welcome message as the opportunity.

Last edited:
laura, this was a nice post. hope you are feeling ok.....several people did notice that you had been out for a few days so people certainly appreciate your presence, wit and expertise here as well!!

being in a new place, and having no friends who share an interest in fitness makes this forum a much needed haven to come to each day. i have certainly learned so many things from being here, and i am inspired daily by someone on this forum. i know that when you have been "together" for as long as some of the vets have been, it can be hard to open the circle to new people, but i think overall, you guys have welcomed new people into your circle.

This was such a nice thought! I consider myself a newbie and have loved finding this site and learning so much about Cathe and her workouts! My credit card bears the scars but my butt looks much better. :)

My credit card bears the scars but my butt looks much better. :)

LOL I know the feeling :) You will find that this forum homes the worst enablers in this country and I have the flaming credit cards to prove it :confused:

I don't think you would be considered a newbie, Lori (Laughing Water) - nice try though :p

Thanks for posting this, Laura and welcome to all the wonderful "newbies" on this forum, I am glad you joined.

Adding in my hellos and welcomes!! I lurked for a few months before I finally joined in over 2 years ago (wow, has it been that long?). I love these forums and there are great people, great information, and lots of fun here!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.