The new Firms......

veganchick

Cathlete
I just received the new Firm Sculpting dvd's the other day (my friend bought them for me) and I tried them all. I have to say, and Im not downing the Firm at all, that the intensity just wansnt even close to the intensity Im used to doing any Cathe dvd. I barely broke a sweat and my heart rate didnt get up too high. I felt like a complete waste of time. The sculpting stick is light and it did nothing for me. I dont like to rant but Im glad I didnt spend my money on them. I used to adore the Firm, then when I started doing the Cathe workouts, I became accustomed to her higher intensity workouts and the Firm just didnt cut it. They arent as fun either. I feel like Cathe is my personal trainer as well as Cedie,and Jai, and Rhonday...all of them! Well anyway, I just had to post this. Have agreat day all of you.;)

Really? I found them to be fairly intense. I actually get a decent workout out of all of them (although Jen Carmen's is easier than I had expected). As much as I love Cathe, Firms are generally the workouts that I pick. I can only go "all out" with a Cathe tape 2 or 3 times a week. Doesn't stop me from buying ALL of her workouts though! :)

I'm currently doing a rotation with the FIRM's lastest DVDs. I agree, they aren't as tough as Cathe and that is why I'm doing them.:7 I wanted a moderately intense rotation before the Body Blast series came out so that I would be rested and ready!:9

My sister was kind enough to buy me some of the other FIRMs for my birthday last December, they were all those 30 to 40 minute VHS workouts. I have to say I HATED them! They all had the same feel, the same moves and the instructors were so boring! Not one of them showed any personality. I took a chance on the new dvds because I wanted to check out the sculpting stick...yeah I know I know!:D But I was happy to find that I really do enjoy the workouts except for one with is short and it fits the rotation so I just white-knuckle my way through it. I also agree about the sculpting stick being too light, but it has motivated me to buy an 18lb bodybar which I love.

The one thing I still don't like about the Firm is that the instructors all have the same feel. They say the same thing, 'This is fun!', 'This is tough!', 'Almost there!'. I know as instructors we all have our catch phrases but all the FIRM instructors sound the same. I can't remember who posted this, but someone said they were like Stepford Wives and I have to agree, they are.

That's the thing that irritates me about the new Firms. I get so sick of hearing them say how "wonderful" the stick is and the fanny lifter is.
It irritated me so much with the last set, I sold them. I just couldn't take them telling me how great the stick was when mine broke after 3 uses.
Good workouts, but I really REALLY wish they would get a new script writer.

To tell you the truth there is not much out there on the market that is as intense as Cathe, that is why we love her so much!

TOTALLY agree with them all sounding the same..."Let's Go" and "That was tough" for sure.

"That was tough" and you are like, "What?"

Must have been the 5 bicep curls.:) It is like, hey, where is the rest of the set??:)

Fun for variation though but definitly not a complete workout weights wise.

Janice

>To tell you the truth there is not much out there on the
>market that is as intense as Cathe, that is why we love her so
>much!

No there's really not that much. I just tried Kristin Kagen's Step This Way last night and wow...it was very intense like Cathe. I really liked it!!! The intensity blasts were great!

>The one thing I still don't like about the Firm is that the
>instructors all have the same feel. They say the same thing,
>'This is fun!', 'This is tough!', 'Almost there!'. I know as
>instructors we all have our catch phrases but all the FIRM
>instructors sound the same. I can't remember who posted this,
>but someone said they were like Stepford Wives and I have to
>agree, they are.

Firm instructors have been likened to Stepford Wives for quite a while, and rightly so. It's almost creepy when someone with a fake-looking smile and no visible sweat says "that was tough" or "that was fun." What's the chance that so many of the instructors use the phrase "that was tough"?

The new Firms seem a bit better, at least the one with Emily, a new instructor. I mean, who would ever think that a Firm instructor would talk about "gettin'down with the fanny lifter"!?

I enjoy having workouts of varying intensities, so I can safely work out most days of the week. I like

>The one thing I still don't like about the Firm is that the
>instructors all have the same feel. They say the same thing,
>'This is fun!', 'This is tough!', 'Almost there!'. I know as
>instructors we all have our catch phrases but all the FIRM
>instructors sound the same. I can't remember who posted this,
>but someone said they were like Stepford Wives and I have to
>agree, they are.

Firm instructors have been likened to Stepford Wives for quite a while, and rightly so. It's almost creepy when someone with a fake-looking smile and no visible sweat says "that was tough" or "that was fun." What's the chance that so many of the instructors use the phrase "that was tough"?

The new Firms seem a bit better, at least the one with Emily, a new instructor. I mean, who would ever think that a Firm instructor would talk about "gettin'down with the fanny lifter"!?

I enjoy having workouts of varying intensities, so I can safely work out most days of the week. I like

>
>The new Firms seem a bit better, at least the one with Emily,
>a new instructor. I mean, who would ever think that a Firm
>instructor would talk about "gettin'down with the fanny
>lifter"!?
>

Oh that line cracks me up everytime.:9 I'm like, 'O.k., if this is your idea of getting down, let's do it!':p But she does seem to be a little looser than the other instructors.

Hi, new here but saw this post and had to respond. I total agree, not really hard enough and the cookie cutter workouts and sayings were just to much for me, so I sold them!

Love the "old firm", Vol 1-3, and also time crunch and Vol 6. Not to crazy about the rest.

I am new to Cathe, but am really enjoying her workouts, and I am really seeing some results. They are tough, gym styled workouts for the person who doesn't want or can't go to a gym everyday or at all. I'm loving it!

Just had to put in my two cents worth!

Jen

I think Powerstrike is as intense as Cathe if you really punch good and focus on form. Excellent cross training workouts!

Janice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.