The most bizarre thing happened to me yesterday.......

Maximus

Cathlete
I was pulling into the parking lot of my grocery store right after I left the gym. The lot has spaces like this, you know, where two rows of cars park facing each other:

-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-

So I'm pulling into one spot & this old lady in a brand new Mercedes SUV is pulling into the spot facing me, & she just kept going--she wanted my spot, I guess so she didn't have to reverse out. I kind of scowled & shook my head, reversed & parked in the next spot. So now we're parked right next to each other facing opposite ways.

I was grabbing my wallet out of my gym bag & my door was open a crack & I hear her say "thank you, b*tch." Here's how the rest of this conversation went:

me: that's real nice. Why don't you try acting your age instead of like a 12 year old?
her: I said thank you!
me: Ummm, I heard the b*tch part too.
her: I guess that's your problem.
me: whatever you say, grandma (OK the grandma comment stopped her in her tracks LOL)
her: have you ever taken a look at yourself? (referring to my physique)
me: yeah, a lot of people have
her: you look like a freak
me: I'd rather look like this than a fat, flabby old lady
her: that's right, & I'm proud of it (duh! :eek: )

So she goes into the drugstore & I go into the grocery store. I was pretty shocked at her behavior--not shaken or mad, just really surprised, especially at the "freak" comment since I just left the gym where like 4-5 people complimented me.

Anyway, I'm in the grocery store & I start thinking.......crap, this lady is parked right next to me, she's clearly imbalanced, & she'll probably finish up at the drugstore before I finish my shopping......and I'm in line trying to see out the window to make sure she doesn't key my car but I don't have a view. I finally make it through the line & lo & behold, she had put lipstick all over my door handle! Of course it was that hideous bright orange old ladies tend to wear.

I actually did call the police to see if I could press charges for vandalism, & the drugstore clerk said they had her on video so I could identify her, but the cops said it was a 4th degree crime & they wouldn't do that much investigating, then told me I was lucky she didn't do any further damage.

So I'm laughing about it now, but the whole experience was so strange.

Wow. You showed great restraint Laura. Had it been me and I was in the mood I'm in today, she would now be floating at the bottom of the river in her brand-new Mercedes SUV}(

What a weird person.

To me that is plain envy. But this lady had to be crazy to express her envy the way she did. And if she thinks that her mercedes and her age give her the power to attack others, she is so delusional.

Maximus,

I'm noticing more and more bizarre behavior these days by people of all ages, mainly teenagers. I try to ignore it myself because of retribution. For all you know, this woman could be an alcoholic, mentally ill, but certainly unstable. I don't like NOT saying something but the mature part of me doesn't want to antagonize a stranger because it may only make a bad situation worse. I sure wouldn't want to be shot at over a parking space x( .

She must have been in the drugstore to refill her Lithium.

I am really laughing about the lipstick, though, I know it wasn't funny at the time, but, c'mon, lipstick???? Someone is seriously loco!

Missy

LauraMax..that is just unbelievable but probably all to common in this day and age. I just CANNOT believe that she called you a freak...totally uncalled for!! Sorry this happened to you. I must say you handled yourself extremely well. I agree...she does sound like she needs her Prozac refilled.

I assume this is a grocery store that you frequent. I just hope you don't run into to her again...

What most people wouldn't give to have a "freak" physique like you!!!!!:) :) :)

LauraMax - too bad you can't track her down from her license plate. I'd buy another tube of old lady orange lipstick and send it to her with a note saying you were replacing what she left behind. }(
I agree though - great restaint!

Lorrie

>She must have been in the drugstore to refill her Lithium.
>

LOL! Oh you are probably right! What a crazy old lady! Laura, I'm surprised you had as much restraint as you did. I probably would have punched in the face right after she called me a b*tch!

Unbelievable! You know, people never cease to amaze me. A couple weeks ago I was pulling in to the same kind of parking space and while I'm turning in some older guy in a big truck decides he wants to get out of the parking lot by pulling forward through the space I'm turning into. I slam on my breaks before I hit him and give him a look like "Um, hello!" So he slows down while he's passing in front of me, leans forward, looks me dead in the eyes and flips me off with a huge smile on his face. I was shocked! I mean this wasn't some kid, this was a grown adult man. I couldn't stop thinking about it the entire time I was in the grocery store. People are so rude and disrespectful! Good for you Laura for standing up to her. I don't know what I'd do if I saw an old lady putting lipstick on someone else's car door. I would definitely have to say the woman is a little on the nuts side.

Katie

Wow...thats quit the story but you defended yourself quit nicely.
I bet she is meeting with her surgeron right now!:+

She is a mean old lady who thinks her s___t smells like roses.
Feel sorry for the person she has to live with.
HAHAHAH.
I had one that used to come into my shop.
I was perming her and she was b--ching at me telling me i was trying to drown and choke her.
Mean one. HAted Pa. Wanted to go back to Florida. I almost told her "Why don't you Fricken go then."Instead of making everyone else miserable.
Consider the source.
She probably hates her self.
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8227804&uid=3969941

Scary. Sorry that happened to you. I'm curious what part of the country you live in. When I lived in the NE area that kind of thing would happen a lot. I remember a person getting beat up in the parking lot of a grocery store because they had 12 items and went through the 10 items or less line. Just be careful you don't end up getting hurt! :) You never know if somebody has a gun. :(

>her: you look like a freak
me: I'd rather look like this than a fat, flabby old lady
her: that's right, & I'm proud of it<

hhhhhmmm sounds like she was trying to cover up the fact that she thought you were a totally in shape. i have seen your pics and even i am jealous LOL.

anyway, some ppl can just be so rude when they are driving. my goodness most stores have plenty of parking spots and everybody wants the one spot. we have a secret little spot a little a way from wal-mart when we go so we don't have to fight over parking

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I'm in north Jersey, AKA Soprano land. :p

Kassia the cop said the same thing--she just HAD to have that spot--also this is Short Hills which is one of the wealthiest areas in the country & most of the women don't work, the spend their days at beauty salons, health clubs with their personal trainer, furniture stores with their interior decorators, etc. etc. I mean hey, I don't think there's anything wrong with being rich, but I don't think it makes you better than everyone else either. Better dressed maybe, but not better LOL.

The cop also commented on how people seem to be getting nuttier & nuttier. I was a little annoyed that he wouldn't do anything, but he seemed to think I was lucky she didn't pull out a platinum plated .22 & shoot me in the head with a 24 carat gold bullet. :eek:

aah north jersey somewhat familiar with those richer areas. in most parts of jersey if someone has more money then you they think they are better then you and most everybody else. reality will hit them on day.

that is true you are lucky grannie wasnt violent. of all the things in the world to fight-a parking spot? some are just getting crazier and crazier

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Laura

That woman's behavior is pathetic. I am sorry you had to meet up with such an unhappy, unchristian person. Appartnetly age has given this person no wisdom or common courtesy.
Judy "Likes2bfit"

OMG Laura! What a b*tch! You are right...it IS kinda funny but I can't believe an old lady would act like that! She's the one that stole YOUR spot in the first place! Well, atleast you got a good laugh out of it and thank goodness she didn't do any actual damage to your car!

Could you guys please stop with the "Granny" and "Old Lady" statements in a negative context. I am 50, which some people would call old and a Grandmother and in damn good shape. Being a grandmother or an older woman is not a bad thing!

Hopefully most of you will live to be grandmothers as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.