The Iron Gym Pull Up Bar

Travisli

Cathlete
http://www.buyirongym.com/Default.asp?tcode=pi4&tag=google&gclid=CO-9oYyAwJUCFQ0xawodmzv6Qw&bhcp=1

I just ordered this. I’ve been looking for a pull up bar that is a little more doorway friendly and this appears to be a good choice.

I’ve read a lot of reviews and they all seem really positive – does anyone here have one? If so I’d love to hear what you think of it.

I can’t wait to get it and try it out myself. Right now I go to the local playground to get my pull ups in – this will be much easier!!!

Pull ups always make me feel incredibly strong!

Travis

Looks neat - keep up posted on how you like it. My only problem is I am too weak in my upper body to do many pull-ups so if I wanted to do the kind as shown on the STS blog where you sort of rest your feet on the floor - out in front of you - and pull up, this would not work. Seems preferable to having the large pull up tower though! I am getting stronger in my upper body - maybe I would be ready for it come STS time :) Really, when you get it, give us a review please!

Bumping... I am pondering whether to order this and would be interested in any reviews from anyone who has a) purchased it and b) used it for any length of time, and your results!:)

Just wondering whether it could work with STS.

I ordered this as soon as I saw it on TV. I got it in the mail today but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm not sure if I'll have time to tonight but I'll post as soon as I give it a try.

Jean Louise

Some Walgreen stores have this for $19.95. (The one in my town doesn't, but other people at VF have said they've found them there).

I'd order it, but I don't know if it would fit my "100-year-old-house" doorways.

I was going to get that until I realized I have no doorways that don't have doors attached and are near a tv... I don't know why being in front of the tv would matter since I doubt I'll even be able to do ONE!

I do have an open doorway CLOSE to where I'd be working out... Yea, I want to know how well it works, also.

Travisli, I too am very interested in your review of this product! I've wanted to bring pull-ups back into the mix, but I absolutely cannot drill anything permanently into a doorframe. Is this thing for real - that it hooks and unhooks from a doorway within seconds? And can the doorway have an actual door attached to it?

PLEASE keep us posted, and thanks for bringing it to my / our attention!

A-Jock

I am so sorry ladies, I haven't been here for a while!!!

I received it, put it together all by myself and promptly put it up!

I LOVE IT!!! It feels secure when it's in place, it says it holds up to 300 pounds and really when I do a pull up it feels like it could really hold up to 300 pounds.

I love the fact that it doesn't require hardware and that as soon as I'm done I can take it down and stash it away. I think it would even fit in a bag for traveling, which is really cool too.

The only issue I have is that all the doorways in my house have these decorative lips on them -- here is a picture of my doorway

PictureorVideo092.jpg

But the Iron Gym shows being put in a doorway that doesn't have that -- so this is what it looks like in my doorway

PictureorVideo093.jpg

You can see how the bar sits on the little decorative ledge instead of the top of the door which is how it's suppose to be -- it won't fit on the top of the door though because the decorative doorframe is too wide for that --

Here is a picture from the other side of my door

PictureorVideo094.jpg

Like I said, it concerns me that I have this thing sitting on the ledge, but my husband is pretty sure it'll be okay. . . guess we'll find out. It feels extremely secure and strong so I'm not worried about much more than breaking off the ledge . . . . ha ha ha, I guess that would suck. But I'm willing to give it a try since my husband isn't concerned.

I don't have any doorways near my television either, but I like this thing so much that I think I'll be okay to put Cathe on hold while I go do my pull ups.

I ordered it online for $29.99 plus S&H.

Hope this is helpful!! :)

Travis. I'd love to hear what you think. I really want one of these.
http://www.bayoufitness.com/Detail.bok?no=197&zmam=2856867&zmas=1&zmac=7&zmap=WEBE0914
A couple of gals here on the forum told me about this.
I have to go to my kids elementary school playground for pull ups too.

That looks really cool, however, I have no place for that. I work out in my great room and while I do have a bench with my barbell set up and different plates all over the place, it kind of blends in. . . or maybe I'm just use to it (as is everyone else who comes into my house :eek:) but this thing would stand out dramatically!!!!

Travisli, I too am very interested in your review of this product! I've wanted to bring pull-ups back into the mix, but I absolutely cannot drill anything permanently into a doorframe. Is this thing for real - that it hooks and unhooks from a doorway within seconds? And can the doorway have an actual door attached to it?

PLEASE keep us posted, and thanks for bringing it to my / our attention!

A-Jock

I wondered if it was for real too -- but it is, it works and does hook and unhook in seconds. Simple, easy and strong!! And yes the door can be attached!!

I love pull ups so this item thrills me because there was no way I was going to sell my husband on hardware in the doorframe!

Man, Travisli, I'm glad you put up those pictures (really nice door frame, by the way). I sat here looking at your pictures then at my doorway and I don't think there's enough height on the device. My house was built in 1910 and the molding around my door frames is about 5" wide. If I can find it locally I'll give it a try. But, I haven't been able to, yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.