The Firm Volume 1

NRG Woman

Cathlete
I recently caved and ordered a few of the original Firms on DVD. Today with DH at a volleyball tournament it seemed like a fun time to play and return to my roots.

I loved it :D The workout was like your favorite broken in jeans, it was just comfortable. I found myself humming the music several times and even saying the cues at the same time as Susan. It felt like going home again. It seems like it will be great for those days you just need to be able to go with the flow with your workout.

The best part of this story is that when DH saw the dvds he said I would have to go through all of my old Firms and make sure I didn't miss getting dvds of any of my favorites. Now there is a guy who gets workout videos :eek:

I still have them on VHS. Where did you find them on DVD? I'm going to go through my boxes and find those good old oldies. :) I think I'll have to do them and reminisce next week. I remember Susan Harris had gorgeous hair!

I still have them on VHS. Where did you find them on DVD? I'm going to go through my boxes and find those good old oldies. :) I think I'll have to do them and reminisce next week. I remember Susan Harris had gorgeous hair!

Icsavik: My absolute favorites from The Firm were Tracy Long's Tortoise and the Hare. I got them right when they first came out and just this year had a hankering for them again (I had given my VHS to Goodwill or something when I stopped working out for a while), but also wanted dvds. Here is the website:

Founder of The FIRM, Anna Benson's Classic DVD Home Workouts.

I recently gave away all my Firm/Tracie Long workouts. I just feel that my Cathe DVDs give me more bang for my buck; they are more up to date science-wise and they really deliver the goods. I have to admit I felt a little nostalgic over those old workouts, but I never use them and I need the space! I remember those first few times with The Firm Volume 1 using 5 pound weights: it opened up a whole new world for me! I never thought I'd be in shape enough to do Cathe workouts, but decided to jump into the deep end of the pool back in August of 2010 anyway! I know that without that first Firm video as a springboard back in 1987, I'd never be doing Cathe now; it was a bittersweet goodbye.

I want to burn them to DVD. I best loved Volume 1, Volume 6 (Boomers), The Tortoise and the pair that was filmed in the wood library (can't remember the titles). 2 was good, too. I really hated volume 5, however. Did not like the instructor.

I want to burn them to DVD. I best loved Volume 1, Volume 6 (Boomers), The Tortoise and the pair that was filmed in the wood library (can't remember the titles). 2 was good, too. I really hated volume 5, however. Did not like the instructor.

I didn't much care for #1, but loved, #4, #6, Tortoise and Maximum Body Shaping w/ Tracie Long. Vol. 5 was also one of my least favorites, her voice just bugged me and of course, Vol 2 with Janet Jackson was a least fav too...it was just weirdly sensuous :confused: to me.

correction:: I am a goober!! of course it was not Janet Jackson...but Janet Jones (now Gretsky)..

Last edited:
"...it was just weirdly sensuous to me..."
This line cracked me up :D! I remember thinking the same thing when I first previewed Vol2!!!!!

Yes, I'll give you that - Volume 3 with Sandhal Bergman was like that, too.

Maybe it was 4 I didn't like - which ever had the big girl with the high step.

Yes, I'll give you that - Volume 3 with Sandhal Bergman was like that, too.

Maybe it was 4 I didn't like - which ever had the big girl with the high step.

Volume 3 was the "big girl with the high step" :p I know this because this was the first FIRM I had and I did that thang over and over and over. I related to the "big girl" part....that's me @ 5'9".

Vol 4 was Kai someone and the gal from FIRM 1 sharing and it was only about 45 min long but intense which is why I liked it.

I might add, I was in the best shape of my life when I was doing 3,4, 6 and the Tortoise. I long to get back there.

I think the ones in the wood library were Strength with Pam Merriweather and Super Cardio (or something like that) that was pretty tough. They were paired sort of like the Tortoise and the Hare. Strength was one of my faves, along with Boomers and the one with Sandahl Bergman. I appreciated the older Firms tapes with simple-but-effective moves and excellent instruction. I still have the wooden steps in three different heights. I have Boomers on DVD but the other ones I have only on VHS. Can't decide whether to go to the trouble to find them or not.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.