The awful thing I did to my daughter this morning

dss62467

Cathlete
I was dropping her off at school. She was getting her backpack out of the back seat and I didn't realize the car was rolling. I ran over her foot! I've never felt so horrible. She's OK. They x-rayed it and no problem. She's jumping and going to her taekwondo class tonight, but wow, that was scary.

The dr. says it happens...go figure.

I understand. Glad she is okay.
I once rolled up the windows in my back seat, automatically, and didn't realize DS had his fingers in the window. I am driving, he is screaming, I have no idea what is going on until like several seconds at least. He was fine too, just scared!

:(

Clarissa

I completely understand how you feel! ((hugs)) I'm glad she's ok.

I locked my oldest boy in the car with the keys inside when he was 2 years old. I had to call the police to get him out. The only good thing I can say was it was during the winter and not hot summer. OMG, that was one of the worst days of my life.

I completely understand how you feel! ((hugs)) I'm glad she's ok.

I locked my oldest boy in the car with the keys inside when he was 2 years old. I had to call the police to get him out. The only good thing I can say was it was during the winter and not hot summer. OMG, that was one of the worst days of my life.

Oh I did that one once too. When DD was just under 1, she and my dog were in the car and the dog had stepped on the Door Locks button while I was out getting my bike so I could put it on the rack. I closed the back door to get it out of my way and didn't know it was locked. D'oh! At least the cops come faster when they know a small child is locked in.

Honey chile, don't beat yourself up, I know you feel awful. I have crushed a hands in the door and window as well as dropped them on the floor. All mistakes and it can happen to anyone.

You are funny netsnotes...
I do not have children but have plenty of nieces and nephews and believe accidents happen. And think everyone will laugh about them later on.

You are funny netsnotes...
I do not have children but have plenty of nieces and nephews and believe accidents happen. And think everyone will laugh about them later on.

Although I don't dare laugh about it with her yet, when I dropped her off at school yesterday I told her I was putting it in Park before she got out. She said, "THAT would be a good idea!" Gotta love her.

Yah gotta have a sense of humor with children. As I am in throes of the "alien teenage stage." Sometimes I feel like I need to drop them on their heads again to get the cobwebs out and to clean their rooms. Speakin' of which, back to the dark holes of both rooms.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.